Remote Control Buttons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought this vehicle, so I am learning more about it each day. Sorry if my questions seem "basic".

I have a 97 LC and I was wondering if someone could explain to me how the remote control works. I have two buttons on the remote - a larger one with small bumps on it and a smaller button that is smooth.

The larger button with the bumps on it appears to lock and unlock the doors. Push it twice and it locks, push it two more times and it unlocks. Sometimes if I push it once my LC just gives a monotone beep for 5 to 6 seconds, but doesn't seem to do anything.

The smaller button does nothing. I've tried pushing it in conjunction with the other button and it still does nothing. I have 2 remotes and they both work the same way.

Can someone explain to me how the remotes work (or are suppossed to work)? The owners manual doesn't even mention the remotes anywhere in it. I appreciate your response. Thanks!

Only one channel(button) is programmed. The other is supposed to be programmed on another vehicle with a compatible security system. I've never bother to findout if the we could possibly program the other button to do the same thing; or one button to lock, one to unlock - either case would be pretty useless IMHO.

The long beep indicates that you're trying to activate the system, but one of doors is open.

Oh, you're supposed to press the button only once to activate/de-activate.

Regards,
Frank.

97 LB,

If you have the "factory" alarm (RS3000) then go to my web site and follow the links to the alarm manuals, then RTFM.

-B-

Beowulf,

You are THE MAN! Thanks! All I wanted was an explanation of it worked. You've provided me with a 27 page manual! Yes I do have the RS3000, which I suppose is the factory alarm. Awesome. I'll be reading through this tonight.

[move] :flipoff2:W :flipoff2:E :flipoff2:L :flipoff2:C :flipoff2:O :flipoff2:M :flipoff2:E :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:N :flipoff2:E :flipoff2:W :flipoff2:B :flipoff2:I :flipoff2:E :flipoff2:[/move]

Stand on your head, with the left middle toe, press the smooth button three times while whistling dixie and the truck opens, starts and pulls over to where you want it to. If you then smack the whole fob 2 times, the truck fills with chicks. Honestly it does.

Or, then again, you could just go by what B said. :flipoff2: :D :D

Christo is hosting the RS3000 manuals on the Slee offroad web site. The file sizes got too big for my free hosting account so I e-mailed them to him and he graciously loaded them. There is the alarm owner's manual that has been floating around for a while, the new wiring diagram manual that I found on a Fujitsu fax-back service, plus an installation manual and a troubleshooting manual.

-B-

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=10095;start=msg90095#msg90095 date=1074055356]
[move] :flipoff2:W :flipoff2:E :flipoff2:L :flipoff2:C :flipoff2:O :flipoff2:M :flipoff2:E :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:N :flipoff2:E :flipoff2:W :flipoff2:B :flipoff2:I :flipoff2:E :flipoff2:[/move]

Stand on your head, with the left middle toe, press the smooth button three times while whistling dixie and the truck opens, starts and pulls over to where you want it to. If you then smack the whole fob 2 times, the truck fills with chicks. Honestly it does.

Or, then again, you could just go by what B said. :flipoff2: :D :D
[/quote]

Junk,

I like the part with the chicks. :D

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom