Remote central locking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have remote central locking on my Prado.

The one where you have a key fob that you press a button on and the doors unlock.

I never use the remote part, in fact I don't even carry the fob.

I want to disable the remote side of the central locking, but still be able to turn the key in the door lock and all doors lock/unlock.

In the past few weeks I have looked the doors using the key (as always) to find all doors unlocked when I return.
After locking the car I always check all the doors a fully closed and locked before walking away.

My thoughts are that someone elses remote has unlocked my car (hopefully without them actually knowing it).

Does anyone know how to disable the remote side of things without affecting the central locking.

Cheers

Dhula,
The remote module is tucked away up under the dash on the passenger side towards the side of the foot well area. It has a long wire on it that is the aerial and I think the case is black.
Why don't you try just unplugging that module and see if that deactivates the remote feature or the whole central locking. You could leave the whole system in place and just have the loom disconnected so when you sell the Prado (heaven forbid) you could just plug it back in. I've got a feeling it is only the remote part that will change. I found the little black box when I was cleaning out the old dear after I drowned her. :doh:

Regards
D.T.

Thanks D.T. I'll look into it after the long weekend and if I find it all I'll post a few pics as someone may want to do the same

Yep found it and removed it (stored it in the same box with all my other "not used" Prado stuff)

As D.T. said, I found it in behind the passenger side kick panel (near where his/her left foot would be if sitting in the passenger seat)
No need to take the glove box out

Didn't take any pics as it's easy to find and is easy to identify as it says

"Remote central locking module"

on the case (which is black with a long wire hanging out of it as D.T. said)

Thanks for your help D.T.

No worries Dhula, your most welcome.

Regards
D.T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom