Registration question for Ohioans. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I am moving to Michigan in the next month or two, My 40 will be going there as well.

My question is this, It has a clear Ohio title right now, but It has not been registered to me since I bought it 3 years ago or so and from there, not registered by the PO in probably another 2-3 years.. I figured since it will be in the garage on Jack stands forever why bother with the registration.

Well Should I spend the money and get it registered in Ohio in the next week or two, then when the plates expire registered in Michigan? Or register it fresh in Michigan when I get there?

I dont think there will be smog issues due to is a 1975(ish). but the motor is also desmogged right now, and most of you saw how it ran..

Any thoughts, suggestions, experiance is helpfull.

Also it is still not driveable, so If I did get it registered in Ohio I might need to bring it to the DMV.

Strongly recommend that you get a good ohio title in your hands ASAP. Buying license plates is another separate deal that doesn't really matter. But don't try taking this pile o' crap to another state without a title in your name, 'cause then you have a vehicle made of scrap, chop-shop stolen parts that is not in your name. This is very bad.

If there is a current ohio title for some parts of the truck, go to the title bureau and get a new title in your name. You will not need to produce the vehicle if the only change is ownership name.

When the vehicle goes to another state with the wrong name on the title, that is when the vehicle will be thoroughly inspected for VIN tags and odometer reading.

FJ40Jim said:
But don't try taking this pile o' crap to another state without a title in your name, 'cause then you have a vehicle made of scrap, chop-shop stolen parts that is not in your name. .

Jim, I did not know you liked the truck so much:)

I need to run to the house tonight and will get the title. I remember getting it in the mail. so I think the only issue is registration.

I will confirm tonight, and confirm the pile o' crap is still in the garage.

I'm sure this goes without mentioning, but you will need to pay tax when you get the new title based on the "purchase" price of the vehicle. Oh..wait, maybe that's not what you were meaning..is the title already in your name, or the PO's?

Im not too worried about the tax on 50 bucks. Lady at the DMV did not question it too much when she saw it on the trailer outside the window. Missing, the rear of the body, top, doors, hood. seats, etc.

I was not able to check the title last night due to unforseen circumstances...

zetasig said:
Im not too worried about the tax on 50 bucks. Lady at the DMV did not question it too much when she saw it on the trailer outside the window. Missing, the rear of the body, top, doors, hood. seats, etc.

I was not able to check the title last night due to unforseen circumstances...

Warren--

Michigan!???

Who is going to make brats the next time? :D

Best.
-onur
İstanbul, Turkey

yeah, Beauty of it is I have 15 business days before I start up there.. Looks like the no tell motel is calling for a while. I plan on being at the 2nd wrench fest.

yeah checked this weekend, Title is signed over to me but not officially in my name. When signed over it was notorized etc. Looks like a trip to the DMV for me..... I will get the plates for it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom