Red truck warning light under radio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LBL

Threads
What is the Red truck looking warning light under the radio? Mine came on today and I've searched and searched and I can't find that one in the Owner's Manual or here.

Are you talking about the red truck with a key on it? The Security/Immobilizer Light.

No there's no key on it. Just the truck or car symbol. The sunroof leaks and it was raining heavily yesterday. We forgot about the sunroof leaking and went to drive the LC. Water poured in and we immediately turned around and came back and swapped vehicles. I was sitting in the LC and was waiting for DH to get the keys for the other truck (as it was locked) and noticed the red light was on after he turned the LC off and took the keys out.

He tried locking and unlocking the doors to see if the light would go out but it did not.

I've read all the threads about leaking sunroof moon roof but ours will not open at all so it would be a major PITA to fix. I'm not sure we would be capable of fixing it ourselves. We may have to try and tackle it someday though.

It also shorted out the Relay Main again somehow.
ECO main relay 85915-30050 making clicking noise when not running
BTW that is not a $10 part but $70 to $80 with shipping.

You don't mention whether this is an LC/LX nor the year.

I'm still betting on the security/immobilizer light:
Immobilizer.JPG

Reactions: LBL
You don't mention whether this is an LC/LX nor the year.

I'm still betting on the security/immobilizer light:

Ours is not in that same location.

Sorry - it's a 2001 LC. It's like my Grandmother said when the policeman stopped her. "Why would I put my blinker on? Everyone knows I've always turned at that corner."

If mine has that key symbol in it, I'll be darned if I can see it.

But YES, it was the immobilizer. Turned the LC on and it started up fine, but it refused to move! Thanks everyone. Ended up having to replace the fuse.

As for the ticking noise referenced upthread (ECO main relay). An engineer neighbor came over and said it sounded like it was the points on it and filed them off and put that same part back in and no ticking noise. I ordered a new used part through Cruiserparts so I will have another one on hand.

We will HAVE to find some way to seal off that sunroof to keep it from leaking.

Why not post a pic and we can confirm its the immobilized light or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom