Recommendations for camping and trails (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm thinking of taking my first week trip in the fzj80 with the family to Zion or capital reef from SoCal the end of August and was wondering what are some good scenic routes on the way? Any suggestions for good camping spots and not so crazy trails in the area?

VAlley of Fire north of Las Vegas off of I-15. It will be HOT

Paved road but you could get off of the interstate and go through Shoshone and Pahrump. There is a campground by the winery in Pahrump. Shoshone is at the south end of Death Valley. Once you get past Vegas there are trails and fishing lakes on the way from the interstate to Brian Head. Be aware that the dirt roads going to fishing lakes are well used, but if you take a road out from the back side you may have to do some road repair to get through. Fire danger will be extremely high. Downed wood in the Forrest may get under 5% h20. Basically that means that logs become match light. There is a Jeep trail that runs more or less along the bottom of the Cedar Breaks. I recommend it. Farther north is gobblin valley, robbers roost etc. Have a great time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom