Recommendation for mechanic or request for HAMOM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright I have banged my head too much this past month dealing with the rebuild. :mad:

Does anyone know of mechanic they would recommend to finish the rebuilding of a 1 HZ, install a radiator & hoses on my 93 75 Series Troopy?

If there are ONSCs willing and with experience, I will supply food, beverages :beer:, snacks:popcorn:, and ??? within reason for a HAMOM. We would need a garage with tools, since I don’t have the tools required. I will take vacation if it needs to occur during the week…or to transport truck and parts to a different location. Can you tell my frustration level is beyond words.

Quick details: The head was rebuilt completely (i.e the only thing old is the cast and camshaft). I have brand new and correct head gasket, head bolts, Toyota radiator, hoses, and thermostat ready to install and complete the rebuilt.

If you want more details, ask.

If I shouldn't have started this thread as a separte thread from my rebuild of a 75 troopy, I apologize ! I figured this new thread was the fastest way to seek response.

Never doneone myself but if you got the manual it can be done.

Hi Quinton,

I'm assuming the majority of work is to install the head? How soon do you need to complete? Like Darin said, if you have a manual, we can follow directions and get it done. HAMOM is definitely possible, but it may take more than one weekend to complete (not a problem). I'm game and would image others will pitch in to help. We can probably assemble the necessary tools and come to you.

Yes, I have the manual and spec sheet. I forgot to mention it.

My only concern is in regards to the mechanic stating the bottom end was not damaged and safe to rebuild. Having never done this BIG of a project, but having a ton of $$$ invested...slightly worried about taking it on.

But waiting on a shop to schedule a mechanic to install it has resulted in 5 weeks of waiting and frustration for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom