Rearender postscript (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
Threads
Got the beast back last night. Rear crossmember replaced from minor rearender a couple of weeks ago. Glad to have her back. Going to let the paint cure a couple of days b4 replacing the TLCA sticker on it (thanks to TucsonCruiser for the sticker).

They dropped the spare to do the repair. I've never had to drop it myself in nine years of ownership, but as I recall it was up there pretty solid. Reason for bringing this up is that it's somewhat loose now. Wondering if my aged memory is shot and this was normal or if the spare should be up there pretty solid???? They probably just haven't secured it real well, but wanted to ask this group. Can't get to doing something about it until Friday, but is dropping that spare fairly easy for one person??? TIA

Brent,

>> but is dropping that spare fairly easy for one person?<<

Yes. Spray some lubricant on the mechanism after you drop the spare. That will make it easier to snug it back up. It should not be loose.
-B-

Can't get to doing something about it until Friday, but is dropping that spare fairly easy for one person???  TIA

Are you serious? You have had the truck for 9 years and have never dropped the spare tire? At any rate if you look at your owners manual to see the correct procedure it requires a midget, two circus freaks and a lumberjack for it to be done correctly. Not really sure if ONE person is fit to drop by their lonesome.

In all seriousness it’s not even 1/2 a :banana: job if you have the tools. You do know where the tool roll is in the back don't you?

Thanks Beo,

Good suggestion. Perfect opportunity to check the condition, inflation, etc. on the spare and clean up the trailer wiring they left dangling. Love the look of Rogue's (or was it Junk?)bumper with tire carrier, just don't have the $$$.

I have a stock bumper, so I hope it wasn't me. And my tire carrier... it is the OEM underslung one that has been booty-fabbed to lift the mount a couple of inches.

Junk has a nice carrier though... :G

ROTFLMAO!  Yes, have to admit :doh:, I've never HAD to drop the spare.  Tool kit and jack are in their original prisitine condition.  Only had to remove them when I rerouted the crappy wiring job on the trailer electrical thru the rear quarter panel down thru the rubber grommet.  At least I've got ramps I can back onto to give me a little more room to work with.  

Rogue, It was the pic of the two sweet arses (LC and 4runner)I remembered regarding the rear tire carrier and couldn't remember which one of you owned it.  

Man it's nice to be back driving the LC.  The Corolla I had for 6 days felt like a tin can and I felt like I'd stepped back into a Sherman tank last night with the LC.

I believe you are speaking of the picture of Keep and Curran's trucks. I hope you didn't call one of their 80s a 4Runner.   :G :dunno:

IH8mud.jpg

Opps, Rack on Keep's made the other one visually smaller and I assumed a 4runner. My bad! :stupid: That's the pic I remembered.

Keep,
What is the large black cylinder shaped object by the spare?
some kinda James Bond missle launcher?
Just wundering?
Eduardo
I too lust for Cristo's tire carrier!
Someday?

-H-
:doh: Guess It must of been the DVD I watched last nite!
The jack with a cover makes perfect sense

Jeez Eduardo, even I knew that one. :D :givecrap: I may not be able to distinguish two 80's from an 80 and a 4runner...... :stupid:

Brent,
Guess I overlooked the obvious once again! :G
:tomatoe:
Eduardo
Allthough not making excuses, but I have seen some elaborate set-ups on this board! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom