Rear Suspension Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since you didn't like that question, can you buy the stock shock tower from cruiser dan or from Toyota?

15 to 20* will be fine..

$324.75 for the new crossmember done right. Seems like a good price to me considering the $400 that the other F#$KHEAD charged me. How does that sound to you guys?

part #'s

I'm having a hard time finding someone with enough brains to find shocks for my BJ60. If it's not in the computer, they say it's not available. Would you know the part #'s for the above-mentioned shocks?

Thanks for the trouble,

84'BJ60 205k

GLTHFJ60 said:
$324.75 for the new crossmember done right. Seems like a good price to me considering the $400 that the other F#$KHEAD charged me. How does that sound to you guys?

400 bucks? damn dude. Buy a welder and make all kinds of crap. I am making a new shock tower and limiting strap for the rear of my 60 and that should only cost about 50 bucks and thats including, paint, cutoff discs,wire for the welder, metal, and the mexican food i am gonna eat after i am done.

I envy you.....

I can't buy one. I don't have a garage that I can really use and plus when I leave for college, it will be wasted money.

I will eventually though when the LC reaches back from the grave.....

I dont have a garage either but it doesnt stop me from doing things. Your welder will be there when you get home. I use to work on my cruiser all the time up at college in PA in the middle of the street during the winter. true it wasnt always a lot of fun somtimes but it was still better than homework or beer.

That's true, but a wrecked front end and a Euro 635CSi are stopping me. Thanks for the suggestion man.

Why not disconnect the shocks until you can fix it? Or buy another 60/62 with the insurance money from the wreck? (Not encouraging you to embark on the BMW route)

I did disconnect them. This thread is from a while ago and I have crashed into a lexus since then. Ironically, I was on my way to the welder to get the crossmember fixed when this guy ran into me. I had just bought new shocks 30 min prior to the accident as well.

As for buying a new LC, that was my first option, but the price for a new LC without much rust is pretty high, especially in this area. I'm probably going to buy this BMW because it is an incredibly rare car that I have been dreaming about buying since I was about 8. It's literally a dream come true.

Once I start making money however, I will resurrect the Land Cruiser. It's just not economically in the cards for me at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom