rear main seal leak and other issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
OK finaly got my truck running again and wheeled it twice. now my rear main seal is leaking. anyone in baltimore or surounding area wana give a brother a helping hand?

Questions?
I no i have to pull the oilpan. But do i have to seperate the trans from the motor please please say no!

Also will the motor leak oil if you forget to put the oil cap back on the valve cover. no theres no oil under the hood or anywhere near the valve cover.

Will these motors puke out extra oil if you put to much oil in them?
if so will it come out the back of motor.
Actualy spot oil is dripping from is where the fly wheel inspection plate is on bootom of bellhouse of the trans. Theres a little hole in the plate and the oil is running out of there.

I have a fj62 with auto trans.

Also my bad ass dam luck the dog ran away last night got hit by a car this morning pound got him put him down because he was so hurt. Now they sending him out for rabbies testing to chop his head off. And i wont be able to burry him. My Dog was born in august my kid was born in march and my kids 11. God im hateing life right now.

If your rear main seal is leaking you don't have to pull the pan but you do have to pull the trans. Both are a bitch.

There is a toyota SST to drive in the new seal but you don't need it.

Your pan is probably leaking too, take a good leak before you pull that trans, the A440F Automatic in your truck is a monster.

i think somehow by me possibly adding more oil then i was suposed to by like maybe half a quart. and me forgetting to put the cap back on the valve cover . someone let oil escape on back of the motor in the trans bellhouseing area. its not doing it any more wierd ehh

You could put a half a quart more in there and not hurt anything. That's not your problem. Now leaving the oil cap off can leave a motor covered in oil, I don't know about a 3FE but on other motors (like my wifes Honda S2000 when I left the cap loose and it fell off - ooops:eek: ) it will.

It might have leaked out the back of the valve cover, onto and then into the bell housing. But I doubt that only half a quart would cause this.

Do you keep your truck parked pointed up a still hill and leave it running in that position?

nh i park it downhill. but since i put the cap back on no oil has leaked out. ITs wierd as hell. I no on every other car oil would have splashed everywhere. But nothin was under the hood . only oil i seen. was comeing out the front of bellhouseing like i mentioned earlyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom