Rear entertainment screen not working. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im trying to troubleshoot the rear screen on a 06. The center console DVD turns on and loads the dvd without a problem, just the upper screen never turns on. I have the remote with fresh batteries but still no luck. Any ideas?

No idea, but there’s a sequence to get the video to display on the rear overhead monitor.

Gx470 dvd sequence on stock oem system:
  1. With radio on, put car in park and pull hand brake on.
  2. Insert DVD label facing rear of car. Laser burned portion facing front of car.
  3. On control panel, press AUDIO and then press DISC until system finds DVD
  4. Press PICTURE and OK to start movie on rear overhead display
Let me know if that works.

Last edited:
No luck on this. I should have mentioned I have an aftermarket head unit installed. The vid plays no problem on that display, just not on the one in the rear.

My tip only works on stock oem head units. Maybe something was left disconnected when aftermarket head unit was installed

My tip only works on stock oem head units. Maybe something was left disconnected when aftermarket head unit was installed
No idea, but there’s a sequence to get the video to display on the rear overhead monitor.

Gx470 dvd sequence on stock oem system:
  1. With radio on, put car in park and pull hand brake on.
  2. Insert DVD label facing rear of car. Laser burned portion facing front of car.
  3. On control panel, press AUDIO and then press DISC until system finds DVD
  4. Press PICTURE and OK to start movie on rear overhead display
Let me know if that works.
I cannot get the trim off for the life of me. I get all the tabs out but something is just not giving. Any tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom