Rear Door Exit Handle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

Ive been lurking here for a long time, but i havent seen anything on this mod.

Has anyone come up with a handle for the inside of the tail gate on the FJC?

When i camp out solo and sleep in the FJ, exiting the vehicle is a PITA when i have to climb over the front seats in order to get to a front door. Has anyone made some sort of exit pull handle, or modified a door handle and fitted it to the rear gate? If it has been done before can you point me in the right direction with a link?

An inside handle would seem to make exiting so much easier.

Thanks for the help

capdaddy

Not that I've heard of. I guess if you could get the correct pull angle you could put a pull strap on the back door coming out of that small access hole on the door panel.

It's no fun having your greasy camp dinner come back to haunt you at 3am only to discover that night's heavy winds caused the rear door to latch.

Switawi,

Yes you nailed that one, greasy camp dinner is a great reason for a "FAST Exit" mod.

capdaddy

I was able to mount a momentary switch on the inside of the door. On way pops the glass and the other way unlocks the door. You can then reach out and grab the exterior handle. Search the fjcruiserforums for write up. Good luck

There have been a couple that I know of that have made mods to be able to open the rear door from the inside. I don't remember exactly how they did it, but I know they removed the rear door panel and found the latch mechanism and then made something to work with it. I also remember that they used one of the blank looking buttons on the rear panel to work with their mod. It's been a long time since I saw the threads and they were over on the blue room fj cruiser forum.

Thanks Steve, Im gong to start on the conversion sunday. I appreciate the help. Capdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom