Rausch Creek 6/20/08-6/22/08 East Coast 4Runner Jamboree 2008 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but if not, saw this over on the blue forum....

East Coast 4Runner Jamboree 2008 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum

"

The 8th annual East Coast 4Runner Jamboree (EC4RJ) will be held at Rausch Creek Off Road Park (Rausch Creek Off Road Park) in Joliett, PA. Base camp will be at Echo Valley Campground (Echo Valley Campground) in Tremont, PA. The Jamboree will be held on Friday, June 20-Sunday, June 22, 2008. For those of you that wish to camp for free, camping at the park is available as well. The EC4RJ is an event which caters to all levels of rock crawling and trail riding. First time wheelers as well as competition buggy drivers will feel at home at Rausch Creek Off Road Park. All Toyota 4WD Vehicles welcome!

The East Coast 4Runner Jamboree first began in 2001 as a small get together for fellow Toyota off road enthusiasts that met online. Since then, it has grown into an annual east coast run in which some have traveled almost 1000 miles to attend. The EC4RJ has received coverage from Toyota 4WD owners magazine and 4Wheeler magazine. We plan to have 1 or 2 more photographers/editors this year.

We are anticipating the largest turnout for the 2008 EC4RJ. I would say anticipating 75-100 rigs and 150+ people for this event is a pretty safe assumption. We are putting forth a much larger effort this year in terms of sponsorship and advertising for the event. There will be no "formal registration fees" for this event. The only fees incurred will be the park fees at Rausch and the campground fees at Echo Valley. T-shirts will be printed with the EC4RJ logo as well as all the sponsors who choose to donate items for the event. If anyone wishes to purchase a shirt they will be on sale for what we paid for them. We are not making any profit on this event. The Toyota Trail Team will be at the event helping out first timers and showing them “the ropes” in terms of rock crawling and trail riding. There will also be several guided trail rides to accommodate all skill levels. We have reserved 2 large pavilions at Echo Valley Campground where we plan to hold the raffle and possibly dinner Saturday night.

I am currentlly working with Allen Dickenson, Matt Rasnake and Todd Bishop. Matt and Todd are working feverishly on getting several sponsors for the FJ crowd. Allen and I are working on the rest of the sponsors. Our preliminary sponsor list contains 35+ companies that manufacture Toyota specific parts, camping gear and provide Toyota Services. I know it is still early in the game. I will keep everyone notified as we receive sponsor approval.

Mark your calendars folks. This one is gonna be a doozie! Post up if you plan on attending!

Jay Kopycinski will be attending to photograph and write up an article for 4WD and Sport Utility Magazine

Sponsors so far:

Ironpig Off Road
Kajobuilt
Conicelli Toyota
Metal Tech
"

I had mentioned it, I will be there, heading up tomorrow :D 4 Runner shakedown, hope the truck doesn't fall apart.

Well, all I can say is this trip was a blast. Flat towed the 88 4 Runner up on friday afternoon with the 05, got 17 MPG on the trip, not bad and it towed like a dream. Setup camp and headed to the park, met up with some of the other Toyotas and ran some of the blue trails around Rock Creek. Saturday we had 4 trucks in our group, all 4 Runners, one on 39's and two others on 36's, they had solid axles as well, so I was the little guy of the group. One of the guys flipped his truck on a slight off camber section on Snake Bite, his rear suspension is way to flexy and tall so it unloaded and on his lid he went. I ideled over camelback, but first gear popped out on one of the hills and the truck rolled back into a tree crushing the tailgate. We ran quite a few blacks and somehow I was able to hang with the other truck. It was a great weekend.

Here are the trail we ran and the carnage
We hit Camels Back (I busted the rear tailgate and glass), Snakebite (NY kid roll over), Tombstone, Boot leg Hill (Meg busted the rear Tailgate glass), Rock Creek, 13, Otters, 19, 5, Arron broke his front leaf spring at the Comp course.

Last edited:
OK here are my pictures
DSCN1290.jpg

DSCN1287.jpg

DSCN1280.jpg

DSCN1266.jpg

DSCN1265.jpg

DSCN1263.jpg

DSCN1264.jpg

DSCN1272.jpg

DSCN1271.jpg

DSCN1270.jpg

DSCN1267.jpg

DSCN1273.jpg

DSCN1275.jpg

DSCN1274.jpg

DSCN1276.jpg

DSCN1277.jpg

DSCN1278.jpg

I can see why his rear unloaded on him that way. No Shocks! there more important then one might think.:bounce: NOW IM REALLY EXCITED FOR TO!:bounce2::steer: have you decided what group to run with at TO this year?

I feel like your holding out on us. where are the rest of the pics?

:bounce: NOW IM REALLY EXCITED FOR TO!:bounce2::steer: have you decided what group to run with at TO this year?

I feel like your holding out on us. where are the rest of the pics?

I will probably run with Mark, Brad, Scott, Keith and those guys, I like hitting up the blue-blacks and blacks. Only downside is that I am coming up Saturday morning instead of friday afternoon, had to work a deal with Dana since she needs help with Addy and I am at a three day bachelor party the weekend before.

Most of my pictures are on my cousins camera, but he hasn't emailed them to me yet:doh:

What trails do you think you will be running Andy??

I really thought thoes things were limit straps. gotta keep the springs from falling out somhow but i guess they were shocks.

JT- I want to hit some hard blue sections and maybe some short black sections too. I just dont know what goup Ill be guiding. I havent been asked or anything but I assume from past experiences that scott will need somone to guide a blue/green group. I hope I can push the greenies on somone else this time. normally id do it but i want to push it a little harder since ive got a 5.86:1 low range now:)

I want to hit some hard blue sections and maybe some short black sections too. I just dont know what goup Ill be guiding. I havent been asked or anything but I assume from past experiences that scott will need somone to guide a blue/green group. I hope I can push the greenies on somone else this time. normally id do it but i want to push it a little harder since ive got a 5.86:1 low range now:)

Defiantely, I really don't know what group I will be in, would rather be in a smaller group like we had for this event. We'll See what happens.

Also here are my cousins pictures.
BMarting - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Man that looked like it was a lot of fun. JT your rig looks like it turned out great.:clap:

Man that looked like it was a lot of fun. JT your rig looks like it turned out great.:clap:
It was a great weekend. i was really surprised at how well the truck worked, everyone thought that I had this lift or that, but when I told them they :eek::eek: i was especially surprised at how it walked Camelback, I bearly touched the gas and it just ideled along, until the tranny popped out of gear.

Hopefully some of the ALCA guys can make it up for the NE takeover at the end of the month, since it will probably be the last ride until after the boy is born:grinpimp:

Are you going to CMCC? I can't make the whole thing but I will be up for a day to wheel. My schedule sucks so bad this year with school. I almost forget how to wheel my truck.

Are you going to CMCC? I can't make the whole thing but I will be up for a day to wheel. My schedule sucks so bad this year with school. I almost forget how to wheel my truck.

No unfortunately I can't make it, schedule is jamb packed. It sucks I have something going on every weekend until September:eek: My last event will probably be NE Takeover, unless I can get out a Saturday in September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom