Raptor or similar for roof of a 4wd that has 30 yrs old paint degrading ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Considering using U-Pol Raptor to repair the roof of my 80 series as it's 30 yr old original factory white paint (with no clearcoat) is degrading quite badly now leading to the topcoat coming off due to wear and UV, and the underlying metal getting a lot of surface rusting.

If I did a Raptor coating job, it would be roller-applied after the prep work is done since I can't do any sort of spray booth type work at home.

For anyone who's done a repair to the roof paintwork on their 4wd, how do you address the roof drains? On the 80's, there's a factory sealant fitted which I'm presuming seals where the roof panel is welded to the side panels at the factory. it's mostly intact, but it's got cracks everywhere.

Did my LX450 roof. Removed the factory rack. Filled the screw holes w seal maker. Sanded the roof. Added primer. Then raptor lined it. Came out good. Doing my cargo bay next

Thx. I'm still thinking that's the way I'll go with the roof. Did you need to do anything with the seam sealer in the roof gutters? How much rust was occuring on the roof overall and/or the gutters?

I have galvanised Loadrail (Oz made) roof bars that are easy to take off but I'd put them back on once the job is done as they're awesome for transporting stuff that's too big to fit inside (like lengths of wood, sheets of reo mesh, bed matresses, etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom