Ran into a Geo Tracker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A Geo Tracker decided to pull out in front of me yesterday... Bad idea for the both of us.

Everyone was fine. I managed to swerve and avoided T-boning the Geo. My Sahara bumper saved the day for me... But definitely not Geo friendly. The Geo's driver was cited.

Met with the adjusters this morning and the local body shop. Looks like a new front end for the Hundy. Bumper, fog/turn inserts, headlamps, corner lamps and left/right fender panels...

Any recommendations on upgrading my 2000 front end to one of the later Hundy's? Will it all fit? Say 06-07 look..

While waiting for parts, I will. Onto nice to drive the Hundy. Since the passenger light lens is totally busted, I tried to find something I can do to keep the moisture and bugs out for the next few days, here is what I came up with...

Used the plastic top of a medium disposable aluminum pan and duct tape. Problem Solved.

It can tolerate heat better than the other plastics I can find at the house.

image-3687083263.jpg

definitely update it to the 06-07 front end while you're at it. I know there's a detailed thread here somewhere. Were you in town or out somewhere on the road?

Oh, and get the deluxe this time will ya?

definitely update it to the 06-07 front end while you're at it. I know there's a detailed thread here somewhere. Were you in town or out somewhere on the road?

Oh, and get the deluxe this time will ya?

LOL on the deluxe! I was 2 miles from home after a long weekend trip to Gellystone with my little guy.

I found the write up from the Australian mudder with a 2000 105. I believe Dave G forwarded the thread... Is there another one out there?

I was going to mention that article on the guy with the 2000 that updated.

I have the 4WD Action issue and photos show that he has the update - the one piece headlight/parkers/indicator assembly look great. My 2005 has the two piece "look" and i will go down the altessa (spelling?) one piece road eventually but i have other things to do first :)

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

While waiting for parts, I will. Onto nice to drive the Hundy. Since the passenger light lens is totally busted, I tried to find something I can do to keep the moisture and bugs out for the next few days, here is what I came up with...

Used the plastic top of a medium disposable aluminum pan and duct tape. Problem Solved.

It can tolerate heat better than the other plastics I can find at the house.

I'd say rock the duct tape look, but here is a writeup you might be looking for

https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series...-grill-conversion-complete-w-couple-pics.html

Thanks guys. Sent it off to the body shop - State Farm seems super easy to work with. Thank God the other person have them. My Progressive plan has a $1K limit on aftermarket stuff. I guess I did not buy the supplemental aftermarket parts coverage...

Now, for the ARB bull bars, I wanted to go from the 00 Sahara to the deluxe bar. I remember a write up on fitting an 03-07 Deluxe to a 2000. Any help on the thread? Thanks all!

There is no special step. I just mounted a 02-07 bar on a 2000

There wouldn't be for mounting an 02 bar on an 00.

To the op - to mount an 03+ bull bar on a 00. You just need to cut the frame horns off. Thats all. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions on it. With a sawzall it takes only 1-2 minutes to do. Then everything else is plug and play....

There wouldn't be for mounting an 02 bar on an 00.

To the op - to mount an 03+ bull bar on a 00. You just need to cut the frame horns off. Thats all. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions on it. With a sawzall it takes only 1-2 minutes to do. Then everything else is plug and play....

Thank you for the info. Can't wait to get a facelift ... This kind of facelift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom