Radiator Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
'04 sequoia sr5 4x2

After simply asking where the fuse for the rear windows is and then encountering hostility, I don't know if I should post on here again. This one will make or break it.

After completing the timing belt thing (what fun!) I tried to install my new all aluminum STATCOO radiator. It was about 1/2 inch too narrow to fit. Now I am having to return it :(

Nothing seems to be wrong with my old radiator. I want to replace it because of the "pink milk shake" issue. My truck has 138,000 miles and is from florida.

2 questions:

How likely am I with a 16 year old radiator to have a pink milk sake?

Has someone found an all aluminum radiator that fits and, presumably, does not share the design flaw that causes the milk shake? If so, would be so kind as t share the source?

The milkshake indicates (as I understand it) that water and oil have been mixed, therefore you radiator is broken inside, change it.
I just bought a 2008 with a 5.7, have NO CLUE at all with this vehicles, so I just started my learning curve...I come from an 80 series with an 1HD-T engine on it and the A442F mated to it...this one seems rather difficult, but I will manage...and I'm sure you will too...Toyotas are meant to be worked on by the owner...or pay a lot if you are lazy
I tell you all this because you should see how people greet new ones there...

Last edited:
Pink milk shake is mixing of the ATF from the transmission in to your radiator.
Replace your radiator, Denso is good or sack up for oem. Denso 221-0518 Radiator
Because you have now mixed ATF in the system you must now flush your entire cooling system.
Same with the transmission, drain your trans fluid. If it is the pink milk shake in there you are going to have to flush it.

Here is a good video,

Hope this helps

You can install a separate transmission cooler on the front of the radiator. That’s a foolproof way to keep the fluids separate. A good radiator shop can acid clean the radiator, pressure test for leaks and weld any pinhole leaks if any. Then they paint it pretty black! I am not sure how to seal the tranny inlets on the old radiator but the shop could do that.

Check the hoses for cracks, that led to a transmission failure ( long story)

'04 sequoia sr5 4x2

After simply asking where the fuse for the rear windows is and then encountering hostility, I don't know if I should post on here again. This one will make or break it.

I just saw this, and sadly you didn’t start you post where you ‘encountered hostility’ with any of the yr/model/trim package -like you did this time.

I simply gave you silly haikus as they were as informative as your initial post.

Haikus are a far cry from hostility :rolleyes:

— I never called you names or denigrated your character.
— Don’t poke a bear if you don’t want the expected results.

BTW, did you ever find the fuse - it’s clearly labeled ;)

I just saw this, and sadly you didn’t start you post where you ‘encountered hostility’ with any of the yr/model/trim package -like you did this time.

I simply gave you silly haikus as they were as informative as your initial post.

Haikus are a far cry from hostility :rolleyes:

— I never called you names or denigrated your character.
— Don’t poke a bear if you don’t want the expected results.

BTW, did you ever find the fuse - it’s clearly labeled ;)
He left a while ago, over on tundrasolutions asking all his questions now

He left a while ago, over on tundrasolutions asking all his questions now

:rolleyes: - I was actually pretty easy on him.

Oh well, not everybody takes haikus as ‘fun’ ;)

Thx H/U tho! :cheers::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom