Wanted R151F trans with Cruiser split case transfer case or R150F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to buy an R151F transmission mated to a Land Cruiser split transfer case with the dual passenger side drops for the front and rear passenger side differentials. This is different from the USA 22RTE turbo truck version '86-'87, the tail housing is different to accept the cruiser transfer cases. Some are full time 4WD (but can be converted to part time 4x4/2x4)

I this was far more common in Canada and internationally in relation to the USA. I am not opposed to importing one in good condition.

From scouring internet forums, I have read mentions that they came stock in (but not limited to) the following:
LJ73 (Russian guy said this)
'04 HZJ79
FZJ (in Panama FZY could be had with both, either the H150 or the R150)
FJ with 1HZ engine gets R151F, with diesel/1FZ gets H151
**1987 LJ71 Canadian = R151F with splitcase t-case
HZJ7# July 1999+ and PZJ7# 1993+

etc.

Apparently the barebones 70 series could still be had in Canada recently, but similar to the Suzuki Samurai LWB / Maruti Gypsy (Could be bought new up to 2016 in New Zealand as the Suzuki Farm Worker, limited to farm use), the 70 series was limited to industrial mining etc operations and could only be purchased through those channels by big operations.

Alternately, I would also be interested in parts from a blown up R151F that was paired with a split case. The tailshaft housing, the shaft and coupler that go from the tailshaft housing and into the transfer case, etc.
Then I would still be needing a split case.

I should add that a 1990 and earlier would be much preferred as then I could add a Marlin Crawler Toybox in between them, but I am open to about anything at this point. The 40 through 60 series is what Marlin Crawler supports currently, no 70 or 80+ series. Very little USA support for that stuff.

Let me know what you have!

Thanks,

Chuck
Columbus, Ohio, USA

Post it up here. You may be able to get one of the importers to grab you one as well. A lot of the Prado's have that setup. Classifieds: Diesel & JDM

I have what I believe you need, in a 86 LJ70 and in a complete 87' LJ73 Donor.
Both have the 2LT engine.
If you're still looking... But shipping would probably hurt.
Greetings from Northern Norway
Hi, do you have it still?
thaks
Rodrigo

Hi, do you have it still?
thaks
Rodrigo

Sorry for not seeing this earlier, i think i was disconnected from this forum for too long.
It as now been put into use in another 73 project.
But if you need me to find one, it should not be that hard.
And if you only need spesific parts from one, i have a r151 without splitcase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom