Questions on 100 Series OEM Bumper and Grill Differences (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried a search but didn't find much.

98 LC - I damaged my front bumper cover and the long-thin trim piece between my grill/headlights and front bumper (see picture). The damage is just below the front grill.

I found a good deal on a new bumper cover for a 2003-2007 locally. Will this fit my 98 without any modifications? It also looks like the 03-07 grill is taller than my 98's so was wondering if I could eliminate the damaged trim piece by upgrading to the newer grill.

Thanks,
Capture.PNG

The parts for a "facelift" are described here:

If I understand correctly, the bumper is not part of the facelift, so I'd expect that it would fit without a "facelift", but changing the "trim below the grill" to the "new style" opens a whole new "can of worms".

Resurrecting this thread as the TLC article is not very clear. I have a 98 cruiser. Has anybody had luck with just installing a newer front bumper and changing nothing else? Found a good deal on one but just want to make sure it would fit - maybe somebody has experience with this and could offer their thoughts.

I tried a search but didn't find much.

98 LC - I damaged my front bumper cover and the long-thin trim piece between my grill/headlights and front bumper (see picture). The damage is just below the front grill.

I found a good deal on a new bumper cover for a 2003-2007 locally. Will this fit my 98 without any modifications? It also looks like the 03-07 grill is taller than my 98's so was wondering if I could eliminate the damaged trim piece by upgrading to the newer grill.

Thanks,View attachment 2076546
Did you find out if it would fit?

It’s not going to fit. I have two 100 series a 1999 and a 2003. I tried installing the grille from the 2003 to the 1999 but didn’t work. The best thing to do is check the factory part number and see if it would fit your 1998 100 series. GL

Reactions: MDK
It’s not going to fit. I have two 100 series a 1999 and a 2003. I tried installing the grille from the 2003 to the 1999 but didn’t work. The best thing to do is check the factory part number and see if it would fit your 1998 100 series. GL
Interesting. I know the grille size changed, but bumpers seem about the same

So from my understanding the full fascia and mounting spots changed when the line-up upgraded in 03. So basically everything from 98-02 should be compatible. In 03 they changed over to the one piece headlights which changed the mounting point and then other small changes to systems to accommodate more power and 5spd tranny added other things.

So from my understanding the full fascia and mounting spots changed when the line-up upgraded in 03. So basically everything from 98-02 should be compatible. In 03 they changed over to the one piece headlights which changed the mounting point and then other small changes to systems to accommodate more power and 5spd tranny added other things.

Correct, the mounting points are different on the bottom side. I managed to still fit a 03+ bumper onto my 98 using enough original mounting points to secure it in place

76ACE5E3-20BC-4E0C-A291-E62BAB0BBBC9.jpeg

I think the PO did something naughty and put an aftermarket bumper on and painted over. At this point it just looks pathetic the way it’s sagging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom