questions about the area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know a great General Contractor if you need one when you move down here... ME! I specialize in both, Custom Homes and Renovations. More Renovations than anything these days.

Charlotte is great. I have lived here for 18 years and love it. I live in Mecklenburg County but I also bought my house at a great time 7 years ago and renovated it. If your job is up in Moorseville though I would look around that area as well as Davidson and huntersville. Davidson is a beautiful place but probably the pricier of the 3. I dont know what your price point is but theres something for everyone in that area. Its pretty much all centered around Lake Norman.

and yes we are more important :flipoff2:

"We're ready when you are."
Delta Airlines logo.jpg

I have no idea yet about the job, but I have to say that I have been here for a few hours so far, and have met some of the nicest people I ever had the pleasure to meet.

Our hotel desk person suggested a restaurant "within walking distance, I think...I have only been here a few months" well, we walked 2.3 miles with a 4 year old down the side of a 5 lane highway with no sidewalks in Mooresville.
The food was pretty great, but the nice part came when I told our hostess at the restaurant that I was not sure my boy was going to make the walk back, so she called a cab, and gave me HER car seat (state law) so we could get back. Told me to drop it off tomorrow, or whenever- her kids were fine at home tomorrow. Unreal. Brought it, and a dozen flowers, back as soon as we got back to the hotel.

Loving the area so far. I will let you all know if I get a few spare minutes to try and hook up for a pint. I do appreciate all your help.

If you have some time tomorrow drop on by. I'll have a few other cruiser heads at my house tearing one apart. PM me or call 818-281-9530 (thats a superior SoCal number Jason :flipoff2:)

As you may know, Charlotte is known as the Queen City, and we have a ton of queens there to prove it; even The Queen of Granola lives there.

My Dad grew up in Troutman, right outside of Mooresville. I guess like you have discovered, the people in that area are great. If you end up moving, look for a place off the beaten path-the land is beautiful there. Iredell County is much easier living than Mecklenberg-way cheaper too! Good luck to you. Oh and Dale Jr. lives in Mooresville too...

well, it has been almost a month, but I got a call back for another interview next week. Looks like the odds are good that we are headed south.

I am on 75 acres now, and I think we are going to be looking at suburbia in Iredell somewhere, most likely mooresville. I think it will be a bit hard for us to adjust to 1/4 acre or less.

I am guessing the neighbors will be less than pleased with my toys. I am going to be "that guy" in the complex.

Thanks for all the insight, and LT1Fire, when I get situated, I will take you up on the stocked fridge.

Hi rabid,
I'm also a transplant.....originally from Indiana.
Welcome to the board. What kind of work do you do?
Can't help you with any info on the Mooresville area....I'm a couple hours north of Charlotte.

I am a videographer/editor for CBS, and may be moving into a corporate vid/ed position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom