Question about 03+ reverse lights. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The manual says the reverse lights on the 03+ LX470 takes bulb type 7440 and the Stop lights take 7443s. My understanding is that the two bulbs are the same with the 7443 being a dual filament and 7440 a single filament bulb.

Today I went in to replace the reverse lights with pfran42's cree reverse light and realized that the size of the 7443 is a lot bigger than the reverse lights that are in the LX right now. The 7443 doesn't fit in the reverse light socket. I also checked the bulb in the stop lights and they are the same size as the the Cree bulb which makes sense as they both are 7443

Could somebody with a 03+ LX470 confirm the sizes for the reverse lights please as I am really confused.

Also could you also tell me if you have any bulbs inside the clear lens on either ends of the tailgate? I checked mine and there are no bulbs in those.

Last edited:
Not sure about the LX but there are two types of 7443 bulbs, a lot of bulb dealers and even automotive dealers do not know about that there is...

CK style: has two contacts on one side for the power of the bulb, while the other side has the grounds

Standard style is what comes in most cars(100 series included) if they use 7443 bulbs(also has 4 contact but slightly different placement that may not seem obvious)

Even when you buy from an online store, they sometimes do not list "CK" or "standard" so you have to double check with them. Not sure if that is the problem that you are facing, but hopefully helps you narrow down your search

-LJ

Last edited:
The reverse lens on the combination light on the ends of the tailgate are blank on the 03-05s, as the reverse light got moved to the stand-alone lights near the plate.

Thank you.. So what size bulbs fit in the reverse lights in the 03-05 LX470s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom