PZJ77 Rear Locker Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is borderline chit chat question. Was talking to a buddy yesterday about my rear locker options with my SF 77.

My understanding is that that rear axle is : 9.5 12 bolt, semi floating, 50mm bearing, am I correct?

I guess options would be the following:
a) ARB Air Locker on the SF - Looking at the ARB chart rd 153
b) Auto Locker on the SF - less interesting to me; but if I ever feel I NEED to have a rear locker on the truck this would have to be the least troublesome way (ease of install + cost)
c) Swap to a FF in the rear - What axle is ideal to source for this? Will an 80 rear axle will work?

I'm not in any hurry to do this, and may not even do it at all. The truck is lovely to drive on and off road. I do not think the SF is a negative for my applications. I think the swap just to go from SF to FULL for the heck of it, is probably not that important at least to me, I think it's part of the overbuilt philosphy, I see it as a nice to have not a must have.

Just kind of going through the exercise to see what the options and opinions of the knowledgeable are.

What axle is ideal to source for this? Will an 80 rear axle will work?

Some of these PZJ7* have odd axle ratios, but that may only be the PZJ75. The info should be on the alloy plate on the firewall.
Parts diagram suggest they came in both SF and FF but were all 4.111
The 80 is a bit difficult to fit . A heavy duty full floater off another 7* series should bolt right up.

Last edited:
I’d stick to an hd 7X ff.

sure, that's the most practical solution granted one could find a good condition 7X FF with a locker- mechanical likely. Just running through this exercise to find out what's out there and what potential options are available. Nothing wrong with my SF; just kind of exploring potential options, costs, pros and cons. As it is, this truck has gone to a real trail once in 2 years of ownership; probably not many trails for it in the future, but I tend to dream of the next upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom