Proper LC 100 Alignment (caster, camber) in Los Angeles Area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
cinematechnic.com
I'm convinced that my '06 LC 100 alignment is off. I can see that there is positive camber on the front wheels, especially when the wheels are sharply turned which implies insufficient caster. Suspension (AHC) is stock but I'm running larger tires (2.3in larger diameter). Not sure if that affects it, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Is there anyone competent in the L.A. area that can do a proper alignment and actually adjust the camber and perhaps caster on the front suspension? I also suspect I may need a bit more toe-in. My LC seems to require more attention to keeping in my lane during highway driving compared to other cars I've owned.

I'm about to go on a 3000+ mile road trip so a good alignment that makes the truck easier to drive at high speed would be worth it to me.

RPM and Steve Lam......trust me there's no better expert in Socal and Toyota 4wd alignment and suspension work.

So you're saying when the front wheels are turned and the outside wheel looks like it's got loads of positive camber that means the caster is off?!

That would explain why mine looks like that when i park with the wheels turned. It's really annoying.

I've had Tyermans in Burbank do mine a couple times. The guy even has a LX470 out in front. Mine 100 drove fine, then I re-did the suspension, lifted and bigger tires. It hunted down the road. A big help was adjusting caster to 4 degrees (SPC upper control arms). I replaced bushing, bearings, etc, too, but caster was big

So you're saying when the front wheels are turned and the outside wheel looks like it's got loads of positive camber that means the caster is off?!

Yes, a significant positive caster angle should result in significant negative camber on the outside wheel when turned. The LC 100 has double-wishbone suspension in the front, so the fact that it is a truck and 4WD shouldn't change the basic dynamics of that suspension design. It just means move suspension travel to allow off road driving.

My 100 drove fine, then I re-did the suspension, lifted and bigger tires. It hunted down the road. A big help was adjusting caster to 4 degrees (SPC upper control arms). I replaced bushing, bearings, etc, too, but caster was big

Insufficient caster results in not enough self-centering of the front wheels when going straight. The first suspension setup book I read mentioned that German cars used a lot of caster angle. This is back in the '80's when there was no speed limit anywhere on the Autobahn (where my screen name comes from).

OE caster specs are roughly 2-3 degrees positive. You’ll never get anything close to those “European” specs (~8 degrees) without modification.

Totally agree. You cant go wrong with RPM Garage in Monrovia. Steve will take care of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom