Primary Battery Recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Northstar 27F is the easiest to fit and the best before jumping to lithium.

I just put northstar 31M but you would need some custom battery terminal and extend the ground cable to the body. It bought it because I got gift card to bass pro shop and the 27F are not available from them.

27F does not need anything. It fits like OEM.
Batteries plus carry the same exact battery under different brand and depend on sale can be cheaper.

Odyssey still a valid option.

Ended up with a 27F Northstar. Will see how it compares to the Optima and Oddessy. On a related note, what is the trick to getting the windows to work after pulling the battery.? I tried the “normalization” technique described in the owner’s manual but only the driver’s window and the sunroof work.

You just need to raise each window from each door switch and hold it until the flashing light become solid.

Did you install diode to raise the charging voltage a bit? AGM battery need about 0.5 volt higher voltage to maintain full charge. A lot use HKB electronic. I just use modified Littefuse 02400113XP and it work fine. You have to trim the body to match the fuse size. Some tabs need to be trimmed.

Leigh is out of his parts according to his web site. Will see if I can pick up a Little Fuse tomorrow.
What flashing light are you referring to?

The window switch on each door will have flashing LED when they lost their calibration battery disconnect. Pull them up a few seconds until the light stop fashing and it should work from drivers door again.

So, Northstar fits but terminals are on opposite side. Cables are now too short. Any suggestions on manufacturers of aftermarket custom/cables?

So, Northstar fits but terminals are on opposite side. Cables are now too short. Any suggestions on manufacturers of aftermarket custom/cables?
Did you get 27 or 27F?
27F should fit with no issue.

I was able to find terminal and 4ga cable per ft from local Advance Auto Parts.

Last edited:
27F are just like factory battery.
Below is the dimension from their website.
You must got 27 non F version.

0c5311c8-af0b-410c-b57b-9c5ceabecf44.jpg

Part store got universals battery cable but they are about 18" long. My local Advance Auto also sells 4 ga cable by the foot and copper terminal. The crimper needed is the problem. It needed heavy duty battery cable crimper.

I use this terminal because it got dual screw and ability to accept audio cable. Don't really care with the volt meter. I got mine off eBay for about $16
Screenshot_20200928-192306.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom