For Sale Pricing Advice, 1988 fj62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Greetings all. I am considering selling my one owner fj62 and was wondering what a fair price would be. It is in excellent original condition, with the exception of an ome 2-3 inch lift. 66k original miles, no rust. original gray paint and interior. Dash and seats are like new. Has aftermarket front seats but original seats and leaf springs will be included. All books, keys and original window sticker. Some stone chips on front and a front winch. Garaged most of its life so paint is near excellent with absolutely no fading. Could easily be restored to show quality. All responses are appreciated. Presently located in Maryland. Thanks

9FAA1A95-C655-4D15-9729-1244C6F0BC73.jpeg

A4B460F7-6140-4B41-8106-1A7B09B08FD8.jpeg

F0E06F9D-8212-4F88-BD7C-4047DE4CAB0D.jpeg

B3E0BA5E-DF8B-44E3-BDD2-D366A3A056AE.jpeg

21EE34EE-72F4-461B-AB01-94ECA229DC3B.jpeg

Last edited:
Greetings all. I am considering selling my one owner fj62 and was wondering what a fair price would be. It is in excellent original condition, with the exception of an ome 2-3 inch lift. 65k original miles, no rust. original gray paint and interior. Dash and seats are like new. Has aftermarket front seats but original seats and leaf springs will be included. All books, keys and original window sticker. Some stone chips on front and a front wench. Garaged most of its life so paint is near excellent with absolutely no fading. Could easily be restored to show quality. All responses are appreciated. Presently located in Maryland. Thanks
If all you say is true it's potentially worth a pretty penny. Without pics it is impossible to say

Greetings all. I am considering selling my one owner fj62 and was wondering what a fair price would be. It is in excellent original condition, with the exception of an ome 2-3 inch lift. 65k original miles, no rust. original gray paint and interior. Dash and seats are like new. Has aftermarket front seats but original seats and leaf springs will be included. All books, keys and original window sticker. Some stone chips on front and a front wench. Garaged most of its life so paint is near excellent with absolutely no fading. Could easily be restored to show quality. All responses are appreciated. Presently located in Maryland. Thanks

you're the original owner? or you just acquired it and you want to flip it for profit? post some pics...especially undercarriage. rust (or lack of it) will be the real tell.

take a look at bring a trailer for recent auctions.
Land Cruiser FJ60 & FJ62

There has been some similar unicorns in The past year. At least one or two that i recall, price was around 30K if pristine, but no rust is a must. If rust present, then it'll be half that just because one owner low miles.
Prob better to keep it and maintain it mechanically with OEM parts, preferably with orig paint, and take it to a big auction with high reserve price to set a benchmark for the future.
Might be a good investment, long term.

Cheers

you're the original owner? or you just acquired it and you want to flip it for profit? post some pics...especially undercarriage. rust (or lack of it) will be the real tell.

take a look at bring a trailer for recent auctions.
Land Cruiser FJ60 & FJ62
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I purchased it new. Will try to post a few pics when I get a chance.

There has been some similar unicorns in The past year. At least one or two that i recall, price was around 30K if pristine, but no rust is a must. If rust present, then it'll be half that just because one owner low miles.
Prob better to keep it and maintain it mechanically with OEM parts, preferably with orig paint, and take it to a big auction with high reserve price to set a benchmark for the future.
Might be a good investment, long term.

Cheers
Thanks for the comments. Having it gone over professionally and just hanging on to it is my other thought.

If it were mine...I’d ditch the chrome on the door edges and remove the step bars. Then replace painted winch bumper with a mint original chrome front bumper. GLWS...great to see an original owner!

I bet you could get $30 and even more depending on the undercarriage and interior.

Good advice. If I decide to keep it I will do that. Speaking of original owners, I still have my 1979 fj40 that I bought new. Still runs great too.

If it were mine...I’d ditch the chrome on the door edges and remove the step bars. Then replace painted winch bumper with a mint original chrome front bumper. GLWS...great to see an original owner!
I took your suggestions.. Just listed it on the bring a trailer on line auction site. Take a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom