Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like it never happened!!

Clearly I should have cut this tail off.

IMG_20190406_104037069.jpg

Took the 80 for a test drive. Brakes work great now. Continued working on wiring up the Kenwood radio. Got it routed up to the ashtray and mounted the mic coupler on the center console with some double sided tape. The cut off RJ45 is just there to keep trash out of there. I did hook up power and test the radio before putting the interior back together. I just need to take a visit to Dr. Ed to figure out if I should swap out the power plug for Andersen's and then shorten the antenna cable.

IMG_20190406_123325229.jpg
IMG_20190406_123430699.jpg
IMG_20190406_123348367.jpg

Best I could do. We'll see how long it takes to start rusting through.

Also rebled RR, LR, LSPV, RF, LF. Then did the connect the bleeder to the master and pumped about a 100 times per front calipers. Saw lots of little bubbles hopefully from the master and abs contraption. The rebleed on the fronts pushed some big bubbles out. Also saw what looked like water droplets in the brake fluid flow through the tube. I bled that caliper until I didn't see that anymore. I'll put the tires on and take it for a test drive tomorrow.

View attachment 1945616
I think I have a spray can of the proper color from my LX450... And a can of clear...

Oh, man, nice score!

Here it is in Moab.

@fjman, if you listen closely, you'll hear that rig asking to go back out West again. It's only right you fulfill it's desires!

Congrats, that's a sweet 61.

I’m pretty excited! She needs a good detailing and I’ll start looking for someone that thinks they can pull a couple dents out. I need to follow up with @TRFCSUX over the next couple days. I want to sure I’m not missing anything from a modification list standpoint and find out if the front seats recline!

And to show my newbie-ness... I now have a truck with a winch and have no idea how to actually use it (and then responsibly use it if I ever need too).

And I re-upped my TLCA membership last night so I can officially become a CLCC member again

Oh, man, nice score!

Here it is in Moab.

@fjman, if you listen closely, you'll hear that rig asking to go back out West again. It's only right you fulfill it's desires!

View attachment 1949471

View attachment 1949472
Sweet 👍
37s and all!

I’ve always thought 37s looked just right on a wagon.

Out west would be awesome. Hopefully this year we can knock out some decently long east coast adventures and camping trips. My 3 year old is really excited to ride in it. If I can make some planned work/career moves, nice long expo trips could even be an option.

Went over and played with Ed yesterday. The Andersen plugs by the speaker grill are for the solar panel (upper) and load off the solar controller (lower) for my fridge. That will allow me to track fridge draw as well as program a low voltage cut off.

IMG_20190410_174945663_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190410_175019019.jpg
IMG_20190410_175036984.jpg
IMG_20190410_175101496_HDR.jpg

What did you do for the remote speaker? you aren't going to be able to hear that HAM radio from the front seat.

The speaker faces out where the OEM speaker grill and vents are. It's actually not bad hearing from the front seat.

What did you do for the remote speaker? you aren't going to be able to hear that HAM radio from the front seat.
The speaker faces out where the OEM speaker grill and vents are. It's actually not bad hearing from the front seat.
Well, you might have a problem hearing in noissy enviroment. In my case, I replaced the mid range radio speaker by my left knee with a speaker for the radio. It works prety well, although ocasionaly I still have to cranck the volume up all the way because outside noisse. And no, I dont have hearing damage yet.

Yeah I was expecting to have to run an external speaker so we'll see how it goes for now. I was thinking to use the 2 speaker locations in the headliner in the rear of the 80.

Yeah I was expecting to have to run an external speaker so we'll see how it goes for now. I was thinking to use the 2 speaker locations in the headliner in the rear of the 80.
That my work, however in my experience I found I prefer the sound in front of me. Remember that ham radio a lot of time they produce very poor quality sound for whatever reasons. Just give it a try if you already have some speakers available to experiment with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom