Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I shouldn't have a problem drilling 2 screws through the bottom area in red would I? Want to mount the bracket for the fire extinguisher there

20190414_130813.jpg

I shouldn't have a problem drilling 2 screws through the bottom area in red would I? Want to mount the bracket for the fire extinguisher there

View attachment 1952981

Before you drill, remove the panel and see what's behind.

Personally I'd look for a better place to mount it.

Yup, mounting a fairly heavy fire extinguisher to a plastic panel may not end well.

Last edited:
@Crusha @76FJ40 the fire extinguisher I got is a small one meant for auto, so not heavy thankfully. Also in respect to mounting to plastic the reason I picked that spot was so the weight wouldn't just be on the screws. The floor would hold the weight of the fire extinguisher as well.

I was hoping not to remove the panel that's why I posted asking here haha!
Might end up mounting by driver right near on side of the center tunnel.
Thank you guys for input

The floor would hold the weight of the fire extinguisher as well.

Didn't realize that was the floor, the perspective of your photo makes it look like its higher on the dash. I'd still think about a different spot.

Didn't realize that was the floor, the perspective of your photo makes it look like its higher on the dash. I'd still think about a different spot.

Its the back of the center console would essentially be where the middle seat person would have their feet
Yea going to keep looking for a good spot. I was hoping to hear that was a good spot though. Oh well

Its the back of the center console would essentially be where the middle seat person would have their feet
Yea going to keep looking for a good spot. I was hoping to hear that was a good spot though. Oh well
I think the Element or other brand "Fire Extinguisher Sticks" are the way to go... I hear folks have been switching to these for ease and safety of carry and no needed maintenance

Element - Fire Extinguishers

Last edited:
@JohnVee that’s one of the benefits of the Element one and why the high end car guys like them. Not sure about other brands.

@Crusha @76FJ40 the fire extinguisher I got is a small one meant for auto, so not heavy thankfully. Also in respect to mounting to plastic the reason I picked that spot was so the weight wouldn't just be on the screws. The floor would hold the weight of the fire extinguisher as well.

I was hoping not to remove the panel that's why I posted asking here haha!
Might end up mounting by driver right near on side of the center tunnel.
Thank you guys for input
Figure out a good mounting point/ decide to get the element stick? Ive got an extinguisher in my truck in my big duffle bag o tools... but I may want to change to the sticks because the extinguisher takes up a lot of space

@PRADO3 I'm going to stick with the extinguisher for now. Looking for a bracket to mount right under driver seat, so it'd be front of the seat.
The reason @JohnVee is mentioning is why I'm not just tossing it in a bag. Hoping I never need it but if I do it better be arms reach

In Hatteras NC there was a 4x4 fishing contest on hatteras and this guy blew his Tie rod and CV joint
Out on a 4 runner. Tow company wanted to charge him $ 800 to get him off the beach.
Ended up dragging him 1/2 mile backwards in the sand to a hard pack drive over where the same tow company “only” charged him $350 to tow it to a shop.
Guy gave me a bottle of Oban for my efforts.

473C4259-1139-429C-AFA0-7FC8232FD3E1.jpeg

@PRADO3 I'm going to stick with the extinguisher for now. Looking for a bracket to mount right under driver seat, so it'd be front of the seat.
The reason @JohnVee is mentioning is why I'm not just tossing it in a bag. Hoping I never need it but if I do it better be arms reach
I used some heavy duty Velcro on my mid sized extinguisher that is under the driver seat in the tundra and the one in the 4Runner. They stick very well to the carpet. They are not going anywhere, but are easy enough to pull out in a hurry.

Replaced the brake master and booster on Jack’s 40. The old master was made by Miyaco. Anyone heard of it? Worth rebuilding?
View attachment 1952215
Apparently it is a Japanese company, but I’ve never seen one. I’ve never thought of rebuilding a MC. I just don’t know that it is worth the effort.

In Hatteras NC there was a 4x4 fishing contest on hatteras and this guy blew his Tie rod and CV joint
Out on a 4 runner. Tow company wanted to charge him $ 800 to get him off the beach.
Ended up dragging him 1/2 mile backwards in the sand to a hard pack drive over where the same tow company “only” charged him $350 to tow it to a shop.
Guy gave me a bottle of Oban for my efforts.

That's miserable--how do you do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom