Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

7378E396-4D9F-4B4A-BB0D-4F561C77998E.jpeg

Anyone have a hand tool that cuts sheet metal I could borrow? Going to need to snip a section off one of my heat shields to clear the skid

After throwing every part conceivable at the brake system of the 62, I finally got normal operation out of them today. I took the shiny new master cylinder off of the shiny new brake booster, which is right above the shiny new manual brake proportioning valve, which holds the metal lines leading to the shiny new brake cylinders. After removing the MC, I measured the clearance for the brake booster pin and it was off by an easy 1/4 inch. I adjusted it correctly and, what do you know, proper brakes. The right tool makes all of the difference.

Last edited:
After throwing every part conceivable at the brake system of the 62, I finally got normal operation out of them today. I took the shiny new master cylinder off of the shiny new brake booster, which is right above the shiny new manual brake proportioning valve, which holds the metal lines leading to the shiny new brake cylinders. After removing the MC, I measured the clearance for the brake booster pin and it was off by an easy 1/4 inch. I adjusted it correctly and, what do you know, proper brakes. The right tool makes all of the difference.
That's good news. You have had that issue since about last fall correct?

@Von Hayek I might need to borrow that and your wisdom.

everything seems to be functioning ‘ok’ but definitely seems weak even by 62 standards. Need to do a bleed first. Never messed with brakes before so a bit apprehensive.

Last edited:
Is that 💩 ?

The first mod for me on the Tacoma. Remote start using the OEM key fob. 100% plug and play if you have a 16+ with smart key.

IMG_20191004_225147131.jpg

Should these come off to drop the cross member?

20191005_095427.jpg

Figuring out why the water is brown. Damn, I can't believe I'm willing to tee that one up like that...

View attachment 2098963
Current, untested, theory: The dishwasher, washing machine, and two showers were all being used at the same time and the hot water heater wasn’t able to fill up fast enough for demand, so the brown was from the sludge at the bottom. It’s probably never been drained in 15 years so I’ll try to do that later and see what comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom