Power window problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well now I have two problems with my 99. Today my auto up and down power drivers side window went bad. First when pushed up or down the window would only go about 4 inches then stop. Hit it again and 4 inches and stop. Repeat until up or down. Later the auto up and down quit all together. It still works but no auto function at all. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks,
BC

I'll take a punt, for some reason it is jamming and when you force it up by holding the button up it goes up but it is too tight for the auto up feature which drops out on over current. Park your vehicle in a quiet garage with all doors and windows closed and operate the switch and listen to the relays and see what is happening, listen to the other window for a comparison. If when you operate the auto feature, you hear a relay come in then dropout a second or 2 later, then it would appear to be working. It is possible that one of the guides that the glass runs in is torn, or has dropped out of it's slot and is jamming. My 0.02 worth. Hope its not too major!

Last edited:
bcripe said:
Well now I have two problems with my 99. Today my auto up and down power drivers side window went bad. First when pushed up or down the window would only go about 4 inches then stop. Hit it again and 4 inches and stop. Repeat until up or down. Later the auto up and down quit all together. It still works but no auto function at all. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks,
BC
Having the same problem with passenger side rear on my 98 especially in winter

I would bet that your passenger side rear can be fixed by replacing the window channels. Real easy and it made a huge difference on mine. Both my rear windows would not even come up but then I changed the channels and work perfectly. My new problem is only with the auto up and auto down feature of the driversside window.

BC

Has Anyone Try To Spray Tv Tuner /contact Spray....which Cleans The Contact's Points? (on The Control Swiches By The Armrest) I Think It's Call Carbon Buildup On The Metal Points! I Think! But I Do Know That It Works When It Comes To Cleaning The Contacts! It's Electrical And It Won't Harm It! It Air Drys Quick TOO! Just Need To Remove The Control Swiches From The Armrest And Spray The Points! Make Sure To Disconect The Swiches First! Good Luck!:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom