Power Inverter Wiring Switch/Interrupt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,
QQ re: wiring a power inverter into my fjz80. I have direct-connected the inverter to my battery (ground to chassis). Works beautifully. Except, it's always live, there's a switch on the inverter itself but I'm not confident that I (or more specifically the kids) won't forget to switch it off and it'll kill my battery. Is there a switch/circuit interrupt or something I can wire inline that'll take signal from the accessories wire and only allow power to the inverter in the case that the accessories signal is high? I asked a buddy who thought I might be making it harder than it needed to be (wouldn't be the first time), and started suggesting I look to rewire it through the fuse block or something. I'd rather not rewire the thing beyond sticking something inline and tapping the accessories wire if I don't have to. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Also, fuses in the inverter itself, but I'm planning to put another inline near the battery so I don't have a length of hot wire running through the car (inverter mounted on side of center console where former "cupholder" lived) should things go awry...
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom