Post a pic of your rig... (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We could all do without those shotty salesman if they would just tell it like it is I guess they wouldn't be salesman. Glad the big wig had sense enough to make good on the deal. How'd it do towing the camper? I hooked up Paul's trailer with the 40 on it last week. It had plenty power but if I towed a load much I'd swap out those rear coils for a heavier set. I went went the mediums went I did the lift vs the heavies I had on the 80. I do need a brake controller the brakes were taxed with the larger tires and trailer.
it towed great my camper is 20 ft Total 2750 lbs on the way there it felt heavy and I had to drive it with the wind , but I have the sway bars on trailer so that helps a bunch. once at the campground and set up I noticed my front water tank was 3/4 full so that explained the weight..... but on way back the wind was not bad and the tans were M/T and it did awesome that new 8 speed is great. it did not squat at all kinda just leveled out,

Great to hear that wind was no joke this past weekend we drove to and from Gonzales Saturday and it was blowing Rebecca's Highlander all over the road I can imagine towing in that. I bet that 8 speed really helps with the mpg's as well. Sweet setup for sure bud. Did you add a brake controller?

Great to hear that wind was no joke this past weekend we drove to and from Gonzales Saturday and it was blowing Rebecca's Highlander all over the road I can imagine towing in that. I bet that 8 speed really helps with the mpg's as well. Sweet setup for sure bud. Did you add a brake controller?
no I didn't my camper has no e breaks its only 21 ft Total and 2500 lbs I do have sway bars

After experimenting with a 16’ Tacoma and a ‘17 Tundra, and having our 4th child, the 200 was calling my name. I picked up this 2010 LX September 2018 with right at 50k miles.
So far I’ve added some wheel spacers to clear the UCA in the front, 275/65r20 Cooper AT3. Used a heat gun to massage the wheel well plastics.
I just ordered a Prinsu rack that should arrive next week as well as an RLC rear bumper/tire carrier.

5E3CB65F-1249-41C3-AE75-E347ED27E380.jpeg

Nice congrats on the new addition, look forward to seeing it with the rack and bumper really liking my Prinsu as well.

"tap tap" Is this thing on? Hey guys, new BSLCA member as of yesterday. Been on ih8mud not quite a couple months. Here's my 92 FJ80 project/money pit! Live near the Lafayette area and looking forward to getting to meet some new peeps, join some rides, and soak up/exchange some knowledge. I am the 3rd owner of this rig that I know of. The previous owner had the engine rebuilt and did the linex paint job, and pretty sure the guy before that did most of the mods & upgrades, which is a long list thankfully. To date, it's a very capable and pretty well built rig, but the "rebuilt" 3FE engine is tired and needs a few things tweaked to keep her going a bit longer, this bus tranny is finicky, and it's got quite a few ghosts in it, so I'm readying up for an LS83 w/8L90E swap HOPEFULLY in 2022. Other than that I've just been fixing things as I can and am waiting on my rear tire carrier from 4x4 labs.

IMG_5450.jpeg

Welcome and congrats it looks like a solid 80. It caught my eye in the Albertson's parking lot yesterday. Look forward to meeting you :cheers:

"tap tap" Is this thing on? Hey guys, new BSLCA member as of yesterday. Been on ih8mud not quite a couple months. Here's my 92 FJ80 project/money pit! Live near the Lafayette area and looking forward to getting to meet some new peeps, join some rides, and soak up/exchange some knowledge. I am the 3rd owner of this rig that I know of. The previous owner had the engine rebuilt and did the linex paint job, and pretty sure the guy before that did most of the mods & upgrades, which is a long list thankfully. To date, it's a very capable and pretty well built rig, but the "rebuilt" 3FE engine is tired and needs a few things tweaked to keep her going a bit longer, this bus tranny is finicky, and it's got quite a few ghosts in it, so I'm readying up for an LS83 w/8L90E swap HOPEFULLY in 2022. Other than that I've just been fixing things as I can and am waiting on my rear tire carrier from 4x4 labs.

View attachment 2877198
Welcome fellow louisianaian! Nice looking rig!

Ditto to the above posts . hope to meet up before but, 4 sure at the next club meeting. most all communication & event info in on FB Bayou State Land Cruiser Assm .Cheers and Happy New Year !

Right on. My wife drives a 200 as well. Look forward to meets

Would your wife be related to Maggie Broussard? Maggie & Clint Broussard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom