SOLD Portland, OR: 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser HJ61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
Outside Link
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/portland-1989-toyota-land-cruiser-hj61/7521843327.html
It's a sad day... I'm selling my 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser HJ61. I can no longer afford the repairs, although just about everything has been taken care of. She's currently in my friend's shop right now finishing up some more rust repairs. I'll have more photos once I get it back this week. This is truly a one-of-a-kind vehicle and you won’t find another like it in this condition. Please message me with any questions! I have extensive receipts of all the work done by me and the previous owner, as well as more photos. I'm asking $48,500. This may seem steep but $30k worth of repairs and upgrades have gone into it; she's on her way to becoming a restored Land Cruiser! I'm open to offers too.

Here's some of the highlights:
  • Approximately 322,000 kms as of this post (around 201,000 miles)
  • RHD JDM model
  • 4-speed auto with overdrive
  • Legendary 12HT inline 6 cylinder turbodiesel engine
  • 2” OME lift
  • 33” BFGoodrich KO2 tires
  • Nardi steering wheel
  • Marine grade vinyl seats
  • Cold A/C
  • Re-upholstered carpet, dash, headliner
  • Upgraded speaker system and unit with Bluetooth and hands-free calling
  • ARB front bumper
  • ARB running boards with powder-coated custom-made platforms by Allegretto Custom Fab
  • Custom sleeping platform/storage unit built by a fellow IH8MUD forum user!
  • New inner wheel well mud flaps
  • New wipers (front and rear)
  • Repaired chip in windshield
  • Replaced passenger-side headlight bulb
  • Re-cored/repaired radiator with upgraded/more efficient cooling system, new radiator hoses
  • PTO winch/assembly delete - parts are in a box
  • EGT gauge
  • Fuel primer
  • Manual boost controller (currently set to around 13 PSI)
  • Frontrunner Slimline II roof rack - currently in storage
  • FSR awning - currently in storage
  • Custom 3” straight pipe exhaust by Darrel’s Economy Mufflers
  • Front hubs replaced (completed on 9/24/21) by Fit Garage
  • Oil & filter, rear diff fluid changed on 12/20/21 by Land Cruiser NW
  • Oil and filter changed again during engine work in July 2022
  • Complete fluid change done by River Road Garage in June 2021
    • Front diff, transmission, brake, power steering, oil & filter
  • Rust repairs done by Allegretto Custom Fab in June & August 2022. I have photos of all his work.
    • Replaced radiator core support
    • Replaced left and right rocker panels with new ones
    • Added new body mounts
    • Fixed numerous other rust spots/holes (some of these were really bad)
    • Added platforms to ARB running boards
  • Engine seals replaced, stock CT26 turbo rebuilt, injector pump rebuilt, new steering components, and PDI intercooler installed by Land Cruiser NW in July 2022. Fuel was also turned up a bit for added performance.
  • New, “correct” shackles installed, AC recharged, master window switch replaced by Land Cruiser NW in July 2022. All windows work and roll down and the A/C blows super cold
As stated, all major issues have been taken care of and I have receipts of all work. Radiator was re-cored and upgraded to a more efficient core system since the old one was leaking. Completely re-done radiator core support (old one was rusted out). New rocker panels on both sides (both sides were rotted and required extensive work). New body mounts were also installed as they were getting old and cracking. Oil leaks taken care of with new engine seals and it doesn’t leak a drop which is rare for older trucks. Extensive turbo and injector pump rebuild was done and I added a PDI intercooler for better engine temps and a little extra performance. Fuel is also turned up a bit for more performance boosts and the turbo is set to 13 PSI. New master window switch installed so all windows work perfectly now. Also added new steering components so it steers perfectly straight now (it had tons of play in the steering before). AC recharged and blows super cold. New shackles were installed since the previous ones weren’t the correct ones for the lift. New 3” straight pipe exhaust for better temps. Replaced front hubs since they were leaking. I have receipts of all the work done, and photos of the work done by Allegretto Custom Fab. Over $29k in repairs, upgrades, and preventative maintenance was put into this truck. It’ll run forever now!

Remaining issues: rust spot underneath the driver’s side floor board needs to be fixed. Some rust areas on the rain gutter as well but nothing too serious. There’s also a crack in the driver’s side fender that needs to be fixed but again that’s nothing super serious. Beyond that it’s in excellent mechanical condition!

IMG_2699.jpeg

IMG_3067.jpeg

IMG_3134.jpeg

IMG_3257.jpeg

Cool color! Is this the one with the custom Pendleton seat upholstery?

Cool color! Is this the one with the custom Pendleton seat upholstery?
Thanks! I don’t think so? I think Yota Imports might have done the seats.
Is this @Bogan ’s old rig? GLWS
I’m actually not sure on that either lol. It’s quite possible. Although Yota Imports did sell a couple other trucks that looked almost identical to this one.

Good to see the ol' girl with a proper bumper! Loved that thing. 12HT compression numbers were strong, it pulled hard, and a refresh on the auto box left it shifting crisp. GLWTS! Sweet rig. Wish I could have kept her!

Good to see the ol' girl with a proper bumper! Loved that thing. 12HT compression numbers were strong, it pulled hard, and a refresh on the auto box left it shifting crisp. GLWTS! Sweet rig. Wish I could have kept her!
Yep, looks awesome with it! Sad to sell her and wish I could keep her too. She runs incredible now with the rebuilt turbo, injector pump, and intercooler!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom