Poison Spider Trail, Moab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, we made it back from our spring Moab run. Had a great time!!! This was my first serious outting in the LX and what can I say. This truck was built for this kind of stuff. My wife and I met a friend of mine who regularly does the 4+ and 5 stuff in this "Frankinbronco" (97 bronco, 38 MTRS, 460 swap, 1 ton suspention, list goes on and on...) and he talked us into doing Poison spider trail. Took us about half the day and we hit every obstical. I was amazed at how well the truck did. And let me tell you when you in the middle of a caravan of very modified jeeps and trail beater rigs in a Lexus you get some great looks. At the trail head the looks started with "what a nice truck to drive to the trail head to go hikeing". Then once we started up the looks turned to "wow, that guy should have done more trail research, this is a 4 trail, he must not know where he is". After the first few obsticals people started taking their turn on the obsitcal then getting out to run over and watch me do it. It was great! By the time we passed wedgie, we had jeep guys cheering us on and jeep wives smacking their husbands saying "why the hell didn't we get something that comfortable if it can make it up here too!" When we stoped for lunch at the little arch that overlooks kane creek and moab rim trail we had a guy in a very heavly modified chevy PU walk over and laughingly ask us how we got our truck up there. There was only a couple points in the trail that we scraped the tow hitch a little and no body damage at all. Couldnt say the same for a couple other trucks up there that day. Im putting together a video that I'll post as soon as I'm done.

As if i wasn't convinced already, the 80 is the perfect vehicle for family oriented extream expeditionary travels. No better vehicle made for this type of adventuring. Now if i can just figure out a way to make it get 35mpg i'll really be set... Turbo D and home grown bioD?... I'll keep that idea on the front burner.
DSC00083.jpg

Well driver skill might have a bit too do with it too. I have a lot of friends who can take a stock rig places i wouldn't try in my modified PU.

I did Poison Spider - Golden Spike at Cruise Moab, my favorite trail in Moab. It's like the LX was made for that trail, ran it with zero problems and hardly broke a sweat.:cool:

dvd help

Ok, finished the video, but being somewhat new to the field of video editing, how do i get the video off the dvd we burned and onto some type of video hosting site?

you save it as an mpg, or mov or avi or whatever format and upload that one to the site...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom