Plastic clip for door lock actuator and possible alternatives (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I broke this small plastic clip while removing the white door lock cover on the right front door. This small clip helps guide and secure the actuator rods but *also* provides a push-through retainer that helps secure the door lock cover. Without it I'm guessing the lock cover can vibrate and make noise.

IMG_1155.JPG
IMG_1159.jpg
IMG_1160.jpg

I've looked around for this part but it looks like it might only come with the full door lock actuator part (see pictured). Has anyone else found a replacement or good alternative?

s-l1600.jpg

I tried PN 69749-12010 but that ended up looking nothing like what I expected:
Resized_20201024_094119.jpeg

Drill a hole and add a nut and bolt!

That could be modeled and 3D printed (not me... I'm still learning how to use 3D CAD). There's a couple of people on the forum that can do that

Have you thought about gluing it back together? I broke one yesterday when I was replacing mine and plan to give that a try at least.

I'll look in to 3d printing it, however the 'clamp' prongs that hold the push-pin in place might be hard to get right. Not a bad idea to supplement a nut and bolt. I could try gluing it or reinforcing it somehow but I'm not sure if the three clamping prongs would still keep tension on the push-pin. Will update when I try something out.

@clayinho No kidding I have no idea why they made that thing so difficult to take apart. Considering that a new plastic piece comes with a lock actuator maybe they expected you to break it. Can't believe it can't be replaced on its own though.

@bruisecruise, when my driver’s door lock stopped working, I replaced the entire assembly vs. messing with swapping the motor. I kept the old actuator for parts and still have the original clip, DM me your info, I’ll send it your way.

For anyone pulling those clips, I had good luck heating them up before prying on them.

Got your info, this is what you’re after right?

04CD37AC-D2EE-4B82-9D73-70FEAA5F3F47.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom