Plano? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kaderabek

GOLD Star
Threads
Anyone in Plano have time to run by Boardwalk Audi on West Plano Parkway and look at an Audi for me? Yes, I said Audi. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

TJK

That's about 15 miles from where I work. I might be able to get out and check it out during lunch. Which one am I looking at? What do you want to look for?

Thanks, Jason. Let me call and see if it's still there.

TJK

Thanks a ton for doing this, Jason. You need to call Karl Linderman at 214-452-3819 to see what time works best. The vehicle is a 2002 A6 Avant wagon with 33,228 miles on it. Blue, VIN WAUVT64B52N097968.

Basically I want to know if it's banged up at all, smells like it's been a smoker's car, that sort of thing. It's a certified vehicle so I'm not worried about mechanics too much but if you have time to drive it that'd be great.

This is the key item though, the third row seat. Rare and a deal breaker on this end, needs to be the factory installed version that swings to the driver's side and secures when not in use. Not the little bench that doesn't pivot and just bolts in and out.

Thanks and if this doesn't work out no big deal. I appreciate the offer.

TJK

Last edited:
Kaderabek said:
Thanks a ton for doing this, Jason. You need to call Karl Linderman at 214-452-3819 to see what time works best. The vehicle is a 2002 A6 Avant wagon with 33,228 miles on it. Blue, VIN WAUVT64B52N097968.

Basically I want to know if it's banged up at all, smells like it's been a smoker's car, that sort of thing. It's a certified vehicle so I'm not worried about mechanics too much but if you have time to drive it that'd be great.

This is the key item though, the third row seat. Rare and a deal breaker on this end, needs to be the factory installed version that swings to the driver's side and secures when not in use. Not the little bench that doesn't pivot and just bolts in and out.

Thanks and if this doesn't work out no big deal. I appreciate the offer.

TJK
Third row seat, third row seat. Over and over again. It's like a mantra if you hear three or four thousand times.

Nice car! Took it for a quick drive. Non-smoker, very nice condition. A couple of very minor nicks/dings on the outside - they'll probably touch those up as he said they haven't detailed it yet. A couple of areas on the inside had some minor wear. The headlight knob, the area around the ignition switch and the center console were a little scratched up. The console was the only thing that was really noticable. Probably a rich west Plano mom with dangly bracelets.

It does have the factory third row seat that swings off to the side. It was still stored in the back of the car in a nice canvas bag. It's got lots of cool little stuff like front and rear seat warmers, sunroof, side mirrors that will auto fold in, memory seats, etc. It doesn't have the factory Bose stereo, but it does have the six disc changer. That's all I can think of.

I didn't get an overall shot of the car but I got the instructions for the rear seat and the scratches on the console. Sucky pics / camera phone.

Last edited:
You're the man, Jason. Thanks! The beer and brisket are on me....

TJK

Kaderabek said:
You're the man, Jason. Thanks! The beer and brisket are on me....

TJK
No worries. It was a good opportunity for me to browse through the new Porsche showroom in case I suddenly find myself in the market for one. :D

Well I appreciate it. Sounds like we have a deal with the center console replaced. :D

OK, who wants a helluva deal on a 99 100 series...?

TJK

There is a great article in the July August 05 Toyota Trails called Trailhead that you should read. :rolleyes:

"So yes, I thought I migh stray from the flock and I have been tempted..."

You win a prize for being the first to point this out. :D

And I didn't buy a Passat!

TJK

It better at least be AWD, an S would be even better.

We had an Audi 100, loved it. PITA to maintain but you know that because it is German.

You have my address to send my prize?

I plan to hand deliver it. With ice.

AWD, extended warranty. 25 mpg. Tiptronic. Bingo.

TJK

I want to thank Jim Reiss here too. Big help today, much appreciated. You Texans are alright.

TJK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom