PIAA Replacement bulb problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am having an absolutely horrid time taking out the high beam bulb (9005) on the passenger side on my 2001 LC !!:mad: :mad: I put these suckers ( x-treme white plus) in a few years ago and last night I noticed that the hi-beam on the driver side was inop. I had no difficulty at all taking it out and replacing it, but when I went to replace the passenger side (it was OK but i like to replace in pairs) it just would not come out. It still won't come out :)censor: :censor: ) !! I was getting pretty pissed so I stopped before I broke something. Anyone else ever run into a problem like this ?? Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated.. :eek:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2001 UZJ100-- Champagne Pearl--- 63K
1989 FJ62-- Freeborn Red---131K
1991 Range Rover Classic-- Ardennes Green---63K
2003 Mercedes CL55 AMG-- Bright Silver Metallic---17.7K

Likely the rubber gasket that's stuck or dried out/decomposed.
I would try to GENTLY heat the area with a hair dryer to see if that can make a difference. If not, no ther suggestions from here, apart from what you already know. A broken assembly is likely pricey.

And lesson to learn; Never by anything PIAA. Way overpriced/overhyped!

Likely the rubber gasket that's stuck or dried out/decomposed.
I would try to GENTLY heat the area with a hair dryer to see if that can make a difference. If not, no ther suggestions from here, apart from what you already know. A broken assembly is likely pricey.

And lesson to learn; Never by anything PIAA. Way overpriced/overhyped!

Probably removing the entire headlight assembly will be the best bet. Hopefully THAT won't be too time consuming !! Also, I too wish that I had not sold my 300ZX tt ! :doh:

Most likely they ran hot and fused themselves in there:doh:

I dunno about that, but the base of the bulb does move a little inside the the main assembly. I have these bulbs in 3 other cars and this is the first problem I have had. It goes into the local Toyota store first thing Monday a.m. !! I'll let them mess with it. :eek:

.......It goes into the local Toyota store first thing Monday a.m. !! I'll let them mess with it. :eek:

So you are going to pay someone else to break it??

Hope it doesn't come to that though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom