PCV valve location for 1HD FTE engine (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone,

I am really new to the LC, recently got my uncle's 2001 LC100 4.2 TD diesel, i am planning to change the timming belt and thermostat, since it stuck open. I also want to replace the PCV valve as well, but could not find where is it? Thank you

Hello Everyone,

I am really new to the LC, recently got my uncle's 2001 LC100 4.2 TD diesel, i am planning to change the timing belt and thermostat, since it stuck open. I also want to replace the PCV valve as well, but could not find where is it? Thank you

I am not exactly sure what you are looking for, as I think you may mean some of the valves in the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system -- so may I suggest start by perusing the attached document, especially diagrams and text on the following pages:
p. 139
p. 148
p. 149

Then I would suggest peruse the relevant pages of the Factory Service Manual,

Go to
LC100 Workshop Manual - https://lc100e.github.io/
then use the index panel on the LHS of the opening page and peruse the tabs labelled as follows:

+ Repair Manual
+ Engine Repair Manual [1HZ, 1HD-T, 1HD-FTE]
then under 1HD-FTE, peruse
+ DIAGNOSTICS
+ Engine
+ EGR Control Circuit

Also (under 1HD-FTE)
+ EMISSION CONTROL
+ PARTS LAYOUT AND SCHEMATIC DRAWING
+ LOCATION
+ DRAWING

Also (under 1HD-FTE)
+ POSITIVE CRANKCASE VENTILATION (PCV) SYSTEM
+ INSPECTION

Also (under 1HD-FTE)
+ EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION SYSTEM (EGR)
+ COMPONENTS
+ INSPECTION

Attachments

• 1HD-FTE Engine.PDF
    999.6 KB · Views: 181
I am not exactly sure what you are looking for, as I think you may mean some of the valves in the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system -- so may I suggest start by perusing the attached document, especially diagrams and text on the following pages:
p. 139
p. 148
p. 149

Then I would suggest peruse the relevant pages of the Factory Service Manual,

Go to
LC100 Workshop Manual - https://lc100e.github.io/
then use the index panel on the LHS of the opening page and peruse the tabs labelled as follows:

+ Repair Manual
+ Engine Repair Manual [1HZ, 1HD-T, 1HD-FTE]
then under 1HD-FTE, peruse
+ DIAGNOSTICS
+ Engine
+ EGR Control Circuit

Also (under 1HD-FTE)
+ EMISSION CONTROL
+ PARTS LAYOUT AND SCHEMATIC DRAWING
+ LOCATION
+ DRAWING

Also (under 1HD-FTE)
+ POSITIVE CRANKCASE VENTILATION (PCV) SYSTEM
+ INSPECTION

Also (under 1HD-FTE)
+ EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION SYSTEM (EGR)
+ COMPONENTS
+ INSPECTION
Omg, thank you so much for these, i will take a deep look and study the PDF file. Thank you once again 🤩😘😘

Omg, thank you so much for these, i will take a deep look and study the PDF file. Thank you once again 🤩😘😘

Here is a link with some more explanations and some pictures which may help:

Also doing a search for "1HD-FTE" threads at the IH8MUD Diesel forum may give more insights:

This series of videos may be of interest:

EGR Delete, Intake clean: [Part 3] Intake manifold clean/ reinstall. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyejmyjH0pE

Here is a link with some more explanations and some pictures which may help:

Also doing a search for "1HD-FTE" threads at the IH8MUD Diesel forum may give more insights:

This series of videos may be of interest:

EGR Delete, Intake clean: [Part 3] Intake manifold clean/ reinstall. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyejmyjH0pE

Thank you again Indro, much appreciated, i have bookmarked the link👍👍😀

Thank you again Indro, much appreciated, i have bookmarked the link👍👍😀

May I also suggest that it is worthwhile to research “catch cans” which can be installed between the crankcase breather and the turbo. The idea is to catch the oil mist and reduce oily, sooty deposits in the turbo, intercooler, intake manifold and intake valves. There is some controversy. There are many supporters. Others say that the additional flow resistance may cause back pressure and lead to excessive crankcase pressure creating other problems. Another view is to disable the EGR system – but that is illegal in most jurisdictions. There are many “catch cans” available – the widely distributed “Provent” series made by Mann + Hummel are well-regarded.

May I also suggest that it is worthwhile to research “catch cans” which can be installed between the crankcase breather and the turbo. The idea is to catch the oil mist and reduce oily, sooty deposits in the turbo, intercooler, intake manifold and intake valves. There is some controversy. There are many supporters. Others say that the additional flow resistance may cause back pressure and lead to excessive crankcase pressure creating other problems. Another view is to disable the EGR system – but that is illegal in most jurisdictions. There are many “catch cans” available – the widely distributed “Provent” series made by Mann + Hummel are well-regarded.
Yea, i was even thinking if we can add oil catch can and keep the EGR at the sametime, since i am in africa, deleting EGR, i guess it's still possible...😹

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom