PCS: "PCS Not Available Now" Options for a 2008 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks! Hope everyone is well.

I received a PCS error on my 08 LX, and I've tried some of the solutions that search results have presented. The error text is "PCS Not Available Now" and it blinks, and makes an audible sound often. Below are the things I've tried based on the search results in the forum and other forums.

1. Cleaning the radar sensor
2. Cleaning the general area of the radar sensor
3. Resetting the battery (disconnected the battery for 7 hours)
4. Holding the cruise forward for 3 seconds to disable radar
5. Brake + cruise control + click acceleration up three times within three seconds.

Would anyone have any additional ideas of what I could try?

If all else fails, until I can get it to a dealer, is there anyway to disable PCS?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Are you able to pull the error codes? The FSM has lots of info and a long list of DTC codes. Did you check fuses?

1632286920897.png

Thanks for the reply! I'm not able to pull the error codes. I tried using an ODBII reader, but it couldn't pull any errors. I may have to bring it into a Lexus dealership to pull the codes.

I don't have access to the factory service manual I may have to purchase one.

I haven't checked the fuses either. Is there anything I should be keeping an eye out for?

Well, the FSM highlights was just posted above, so it shows you everything that can cause the alert you are getting.

I'd start with fuses as that would be the easiest to identify and fix. Start with a place like this and look for any thing that is in the list above (Pre-collision and anything to do with seatbelts). This may also be the answer to unplugging the system to get the alert to clear. I'm not sure if that's possible with the PCS system or not, but there are other Lexus features that go away once you pull the fuse for the ECU that controls that function.

If that doesn't get you anywhere you will need to get a techstream setup. You being a person that drives a 13+ yr old Lexus should probably be strongly considering a techstream setup for troubleshooting your truck, unless you really like paying $125/hr to Lexus so they can plug the truck into their techstream system.

1. Car running in park
2. Step on brake
3. Activate cruise control
3. Lift up on cruise control stalk / "accel" 3 times vert quickly (it should go into a recalibrate message to let you know its working)
4. Shut car off and restart (the "PCS" message should be clear)

* repeat if it doesn't work the first time

Apologies for resurrecting this. Thanks for everyones help and suggestions with this.

So I've done a few things, checked fuses, disconnected the battery, clearing the error via BillyG's recco, purchased and tried identifying issues (no issues found) via Techstream, with no luck.

While I continue to troubleshoot, is there a way I can disable PCS on an 08 LX570? There appears to be a disable PCS button on other Lexus vehicles but I haven't been successful in finding the equivalent for the LX570.

Thanks again for your help.

Fuse 28 in the panel under the glove box is labled as a 30amp fuse for PCS. May try pulling that fuse. Good chance that the truck will stop reporting errors if it doesn’t think the PCS ecu exists. I don’t have PCS and have never troubleshot, but there are other systems that the truck adjusts for whether the main ecu can see the ecu for the feature or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom