Pasadena/N Los Angeles Shop Recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just moved out to LA to join the wife...have a 2001 LC that just turned 200k, I'm looking for a reliable, fairly priced place to service it (fluids, belts, etc...) no issues, just want a contact for future reference when I need it (just repacked front wheel bearings and replaced timing belt back in MN)...thanks in advance!

I just moved out to LA to join the wife...have a 2001 LC that just turned 200k, I'm looking for a reliable, fairly priced place to service it (fluids, belts, etc...) no issues, just want a contact for future reference when I need it (just repacked front wheel bearings and replaced timing belt back in MN)...thanks in advance!
North Hollywood Toyota has been OK for me when I took it there. However, they don't have any 200 on the lot, only seqouias

Tlc4x4 is in the valley, can't go wrong with them by any means.

There is a guy here in LA that swears by the RPM Auto Center in Irwindale which is not too far from Pasadena. The owner is Stephen Lam who is a forum member. Not sure if he's started up a new shop or not. KlausVanWinkle on here should be able to give you better info about him.

There is also YotaMasters in Corona, but that's a bit of a drive.

I'm thinking of hitting up North Hollywood Toyota for the oil changes, I've also heard good things about Karsten Imports in Sherman Oaks. I don't know of anything closer to Pasadena. You'll have to let me know what you find and like. I'm working in Burbank these days and would like to find a good Valley shop.

You could look into k&h imports in Canoga Park. They come up on some of the recommended lists here if you search. Good chance I'll be doing my 90k service there.

...via IH8MUD app

Just down the 210 a bit from Pasadena, here’s a vote for Genesis Automotive in Covina. Carl and Glenn are former Toyota/Lexus employees who recently opened their own shop. I've used them a few times.

Genesis Automotive Service
1441 Ranger Drive
Covina, CA 91722
http://www.genesisautoservice.com/
Phone (626) 331-5741
Hours: Open today · 7:00 am – 6:00 pm

I'm not sure who you found for working on your LC in the Los Angeles Valley/Pasadena area but I found a great contact at the North Hollywood Toyota dealership. His name is Alex Castro. He is a service manager there. He owns a 75 FJ40 and a 99 100 series. We talked shop for 30 mins about Land Cruisers. He is straight up and doesn't push all the unnecessary crap. Anyway, just wanted to pass this on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom