Pa. fj60 parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all Hope to show up at a cruiser meeting one of these times once my fj60 is done (enough to drive anyway).I have been trying to get rid of some parts for awhile now to finish it,Does anyone want to make an honest offer on any of these parts: (All are original from 85 fj60) 4spd w/t-case Front disc axle, Rear complete axle, Both driveshafts, Brake booster/master,Springs (front/back),rust free hood,rear side doors and pass. fender. Must be picked up 15639 (724) 925-3501 I also have a great frame & Body (stripped) very little rust. Please contact me for any interests.Have Tilte

whats the difficulty in putting this 60 front disc axle under a 75 fj40? what is the ratio?

Disc conversion ?

I'm sorry,I am the wrong guy to ask. I don't know what the ratio is,but I'll sell it to you.No,actually I would search on here and see if anyone knows.Please DON'T buy unless you know what you need.Nobody is beating down the door,so do some checking and get back to me.Thank you asking though.

whats the difficulty in putting this 60 front disc axle under a 75 fj40? what is the ratio?

I can't answer directly, but here are the things to have a plan for...

1) matching spring perch width vs '40's (tho I bet you'll be re-doing this axle anyway as SOA?). People have done it, and i suspect you are capable yourself. perches are fairly cheap.

2) width between wheel mounting surfaces vs 40 axle (although if you're using on your truggy, the wider axle may be welcome for stability sake).

3) confirm if brake hose fittings are compatible. I think they are both 10mm x 1.0 pitch.

4) see if tie rod ends are same diameter/pitch, or you'll be making/buying a custom conversion drag link.

5) differential companion flange vs driveshaft flange bolt pattern... I think all LC pilot holes are the same, but bolt pattern and size are not. Or... if pinion splines are the same, maybe 40's companion flange can be swapped onto 60 axle? Also I know some places (e.g., Cruiser Outfitters) sell round companion flanges that can be drilled for whatever pattern. Finally you may be able to do a hybrid FJ60/40 driveshaft if their splines match.

HTH. -Ed

ya im not sure yet and dont have extra xash to spend either but im gonna look into this.......thanx alot guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom