OZ spec top of range LC $21000 dearer for the following extras (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
* Leather seat trim
* Wood & woodgrain look trim
* Leather door trim inserts
* Power operated driver's and front passenger's seat
* Electric sunroof
* DVD satellite navigation system with voice
* Refrigerated cooler box
* Front fog lights
* Traction Control (TRC)
* Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
* Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS)
* Active Height Control (AHC)
* Toyota Electronically Modulated Suspension (TEMS)
* Climate control air-conditioning
* Rear cooler
* 17” alloy wheels
* Power operated tilt & telescopic steering column
* Privacy glass (with UV cut)
* Optitron display

Well if you have money to burn............... but it is expensive for the extra comforts............TRAC and VSC is a simple ECU program change I expect, the dearest part would be the hydraulic suspension, DVD NAV, Power leather seats, VGRS

What is an OPtitron Display?

What is an OPtitron Display?

you'd want the A/C in the Outback, no?

I'd be thrilled if they offered a stripped down model with the V8 and 5spd here in the states.

Or any other versions for that matter.

At least you have the option of not having the options:D

Looks like a normal LC that you find at every dealership in the states, except for the icebox option :) The Opitron is what they offer on the new LX's that gives you that picture of what is ahead of you at night that you can't see with the headlights on. Neat feature.

brett0004 said:
so what is the all up price

It's $83,800 plus onroad costs (probably another 5000) but this is retail price, with some heavy haggling I expect you could drive away in one for 78000 if you have an ABN.
The turbo diesel variant is another $11400 on top!!!

e9999 said:
you'd want the A/C in the Outback, no?

Yes but the rear A/C is not really needed if you have the rear seats removed and a cargo barrier and it full of stuff

calamaridog said:
I'd be thrilled if they offered a stripped down model with the V8 and 5spd here in the states.

Or any other versions for that matter.

At least you have the option of not having the options

We have 3 variants, the "standard" RFS model with 1HZ diesel and rear barn doors, electric diff locks front and rear option, the "GXL" IFS with 1HZ 5 speed manual, Turbodiesel/V8 5 speed manual/auto option plus more features, swingup/down tailgate etc, or the "Sahara" with all the goodies.
More info here
http://lc100.toyota.com.au/toyota/vehicle/FreeText/0,4665,1982_704,00.html

Last edited:
SWUtah said:
How does that comeout in US dollars?

$58,500 to $60,000 (edit on price in previous post)

Optitron is what a Lexus has here in the states. The tach, speedo and other gauges "light up" when you start it up. When it is off the gauges are "blacked out".

We have just had the upgrade to the 2006 specs here in OZ over the last 4 months and the price has gone up approx AU$3000 on the mid spec and the top spec model. The mid spec now gets 17" alloys as standard (the old one had 16x8" steel) plus the new headlights and tail lights, electric adjust drivers seat, rear A/C and the cool box as standard. The Sahara (top spec model) got the AH suspension, Optiron dash, and the new headlights and tail lights, virtualy fully loaded but we did not get the VVti motor. I just traded my 2004 GXL for the new Sahara and it cost me AU$79000 on road. (USD$59000)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom