a miserable drive, i call it Americas ash tray. But the v-8 and ac make it easierThat sounds toasty...
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.
a miserable drive, i call it Americas ash tray. But the v-8 and ac make it easierThat sounds toasty...
Probably not 'til it actually runs as it's mostly be a "wish in one hand, ..." type thread for a LOONNNGGGGGGG time. Actually been thinking about hiding it behind the shop so it stops randomly distracting me. Tom Sawyered a buddy into helping me yank the 327 (as it turned out to be) so I can maybe find some motivation to test for some random stuff I have laying around. Maybe see how many times I can stick up Peter to pay Paul.Are you going to start a build thread?
Interesting! Only thing that would make that sticker better is if it said “Mother, Jugs and Speed”.I reckon I'll have to start a build thread sooner than later as I highly suspect that I now have the motivation a 55 year old native Texas truck needs to see the road again on a regular basis. This one did it.
-June 1971 FJ5522211
-Olympus white/Silver Gray
-Odometer tells me it's got 100k on it. 00985.0 miles to be exact. It also has a tow dolly bumper, so we have a +/- factor.
-It's been wrecked. Looks like it has at least the passenger front fender in Muleta Red that was econosprayed Silver Gray before the peach of a camo job at some point during its life
-It's been wrecked again after being camo'd
-Someone made the brakes work with a bunch of fresh components the wrong way (JTO disc setup up front). Fitting for my username, aye?
-sprung over
Once I get all this camo off and actually start making things happen I'll start a thread. Until then it's just a bunch of updates about how I suck at being ambidextrous if it's not baseball and whining about my shoulder and fingers
As it came
View attachment 4140584
Test fitting wheels. 33x12.50 is too much tire for me but it's nostalgic AF and looks right at home
View attachment 4140585
Finding the paint with 2000 grit after 50 plus hours with no sleep. I actually have a plan for the rest of it as of today and pondering over yesterday's zombie work. The paint is there and it's ****ing gorgeous. I hate rednecks without long hair.
View attachment 4140586
It's way drier than I expected
View attachment 4140596
I'm elated to say the least. If there's a God the first and last vehicle I drive will be an Iron Pig and I'm halfway there on that list.
View attachment 4140591
That looks good!I reckon I'll have to start a build thread sooner than later as I highly suspect that I now have the motivation a 55 year old native Texas truck needs to see the road again on a regular basis. This one did it.
-June 1971 FJ5522211
-Olympus white/Silver Gray
-Odometer tells me it's got 100k on it. 00985.0 miles to be exact. It also has a tow dolly bumper, so we have a +/- factor.
-It's been wrecked. Looks like it has at least the passenger front fender in Muleta Red that was econosprayed Silver Gray before the peach of a camo job at some point during its life
-It's been wrecked again after being camo'd
-Someone made the brakes work with a bunch of fresh components the wrong way (JTO disc setup up front). Fitting for my username, aye?
-sprung over
Once I get all this camo off and actually start making things happen I'll start a thread. Until then it's just a bunch of updates about how I suck at being ambidextrous if it's not baseball and whining about my shoulder and fingers
As it came
View attachment 4140584
Test fitting wheels. 33x12.50 is too much tire for me but it's nostalgic AF and looks right at home
View attachment 4140585
Finding the paint with 2000 grit after 50 plus hours with no sleep. I actually have a plan for the rest of it as of today and pondering over yesterday's zombie work. The paint is there and it's ****ing gorgeous. I hate rednecks without long hair.
View attachment 4140586
It's way drier than I expected
View attachment 4140596
I'm elated to say the least. If there's a God the first and last vehicle I drive will be an Iron Pig and I'm halfway there on that list.
View attachment 4140591
Id wager added by the dealership originally. I've seen quite a few body shop/emergency services stickers that were affiliated with the dealers added in the PDI process over the years in the door jambsThat looks good!
I wonder what is up with the ambulance sticker?
Daily one, build one, then daily that one.amazing how they keep popping up, what's next?
Man, me too. Give me about 100 more hours of evenings. Here's where we're at today. Red scotch bright ftw. Working the heavy areas lightly with a little solution is bringing me there slowly. I have no expectations, just passing time.Looks pretty nice! Can’t wait to see if you can get the camo off.
@Old Nick1975 FJ55
2F
4spd
SOA
33x12.5 Pro Comps
Saginaw PS
Holley carb
Downey ceramic header
4x4 Labs Hy Steer
Cut & Turned front axle
Rear Locker
8074 Warn Winch
Plans- TBI, Front Disc Brakes, 35's, New console, New windshield, 5spd, body work...
View attachment 219963
Nope. Zeke is stripped down in my shop. Engine is ready to pull. He’s getting love this fall.@Old Nick
Zeek?
Was this an old picture of Zeek from 2008?Nope. Zeke is stripped down in my shop. Engine is ready to pull. He’s getting love this fall.
Sorry, @cruiserinsanity … was on my way to my parents’ place after church and missed the context. Yes, that sure does look like the old boy… the steering box on the bumper is the giveaway.Was this an old picture of Zeek from 2008?
I wonder what happened to some of these Pigs that show up here, briefly, and then disappear...
Hey man! Glad you responded to my post! I was going to let you know that I’m starting to work on your old rig, but I couldn’t remember your handle.that looks familiar![]()