Out of State Purchase -- Is anyone willing to check out a vehicle for a fellow cruiserhead? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Quick update:

First, thank you all, again, for your generosity and assistance. Noah has the truck and is making a PM list and prioritizing. For now, it's parked, as it's been overheating and no heat is coming out of the dash. It sounds like there may be air in the cooling system, so next steps are a coolant flush to see if that does the trick. I've recommended that he park it so as to not tempt the original HG.

There are a few other things to be expected of a truck with this many miles, but it runs and drives remarkably well.

Quick update:

First, thank you all, again, for your generosity and assistance. Noah has the truck and is making a PM list and prioritizing. For now, it's parked, as it's been overheating and no heat is coming out of the dash. It sounds like there may be air in the cooling system, so next steps are a coolant flush to see if that does the trick. I've recommended that he park it so as to not tempt the original HG.

There are a few other things to be expected of a truck with this many miles, but it runs and drives remarkably well.

If it is overheating with no heat to the heater core I would suggest checking the HG first before trying a flush.

Thanks for the suggestion. Why do you suggest that? Not that I disagree... The reason he's starting with the flush is because of the gurgling, suggesting there's air in the system. There doesn't appear to be coolant in the oil.

He's also sending off an oil sample to Blackstone.

The symptoms you describe point strongly towards either HG or a cracked head. I would recommend getting a kit to check the coolant that is in the rig now for hydrocarbons before doing a flush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom