Ouachita National Forest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went roaming today with Owen

18FACA5A-7901-493D-8EFD-FA3B9863F283.jpeg
A821D4A5-60D4-4297-86D3-A0BD3FE33E7C.jpeg
0AA16824-8C8C-4FB4-A4FF-866FAAC86200.jpeg
472ABA32-3120-4EF0-A9C9-9DCAA06D3C3C.jpeg
3B8B78E2-3252-4531-B163-5ED80B5CF2A6.jpeg

Mark, I heard that the road to the overlook in the above pic with the pine to your right, has been closed, have you been there lately ? If so, it was a cool place that I’m glad to have gotten to see before it was . I’m hoping to get back down there maybe next month or so.

Mark, I heard that the road to the overlook in the above pic with the pine to your right, has been closed, have you been there lately ? If so, it was a cool place that I’m glad to have gotten to see before it was . I’m hoping to get back down there maybe next month or so.

No gate or posted signs at the time I went a month ago, but I did have to navigate a substantial berm at the entrance.

Yea that berm wasn’t there last time I visited it.. maybe that was the “gate” I heard was there... thanks Mark

Berms in that area are usually the first step to closing off a trail. Gates go on ones that open or close seasonally.

Mark, looks like a great day and nice pics as usual

Last edited:
I'm researching Ouchita trips for the spring with the family. all this is great!!

I've got 7-10 year olds x 4 and like fly fishing. keep posting!!

I'm researching Ouchita trips for the spring with the family. all this is great!!

If you come to the Albert Pike area (which is on the Little Missouri River) the trout fishing is excellent. Especially below the dam of Lake Greeson In Murfreesboro. They do stock at Albert Pike as well. Also, Murfreesboro is home to the only public diamond mine in North America. Kids would probably enjoy digging in the dirt for diamonds. Lots of them found every year.

John, holler if I can help , I’m sure you’ve gotten with Andy already but Mark(fjfodee) is probably the best source of ouchitas info I know of
The hundy is still doing great..

I’ve been really surprised at all the folks getting remote in the ouchitas and Ozarks during all this
A couple buddies and I are leaving in the morning to run the Arkansas section of the TAT. That should keep us out of the public for a few days

I live literally 30 minutes north of the Ouchitas and have barely touched them. I feel so bad for not getting out there. Plan on finding places to take with my 16 year old in his 4Runner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom