ORV/4x4 trail list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a place to find open off road vehicle (UTV) or 4x4 trails open to the public online? I am looking for spots that are good to get my kids into this that are in NC. I know of Uwharrie, OBX, but was hoping to find something closer to home (Durham and points north). If it's worth the drive, I'm totally open to making a trip of it too. TIA.

Is there a place to find open off road vehicle (UTV) or 4x4 trails open to the public online? I am looking for spots that are good to get my kids into this that are in NC. I know of Uwharrie, OBX, but was hoping to find something closer to home (Durham and points north). If it's worth the drive, I'm totally open to making a trip of it too. TIA.
It's a very small list for NC. Uwharrie, Brown Mountain OHV (*side-by-sides & ATVs), Cape Lookout, & OBX. That's all I'm aware of, unless I'm forgetting one. Uwharrie is going to be the closest thing to Durham. If you want closer, you'll have to find a land owner.

Worth noting if you just want to get off pavement there are lots of areas with gravel forest roads, but those are not quite wheeling.

Supposedly Croatan National forest has an atv only area. Never been there.

Supposedly Croatan National forest has an atv only area. Never been there.
I thought about listing that one, but I think it's just flat land w/ some occasional mud holes from what I've seen on Facebook.

I thought about listing that one, but I think it's just flat land w/ some occasional mud holes from what I've seen on Facebook.
I believe that. Probably not much except. "muddin". ;<)

There's some private place in/near Goldsboro that also fits this description. Apparently there's been at least one fatality there.

Croatan could be fun exploring but story goes they’d rather block off than maintain trails. Lots of mapped routes but almost as many road closed barricades But hear it goes back to the power of the few to ruin it for the masses partying and tearing up trails. We had a decent day of exploring there last November. Though one hunting truck and trailer combo completely blocked us in overnight. We were able to rearrange his combo and get by though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom