O'Reillys AGM Battery Swollen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just replaced the battery on my 2004 with this Super Start Platinum 34RPLT - Battery | O'Reilly Auto Parts and now about a month later I'm noticing a slight bulge in the walls of the battery. Quick googling is telling me it's over charging, however its charging about the same voltage as the solar setup on my trailer also using AGM (higher end) batteries.

Just seeing if anyone had any experience with these Oreilly batteries (rebranded Deka) and if a slight bulge was normal. Thanks

I don't think bulging is normal, even for a non-vented AGM batteries. There is more to charging than just voltage so you can't directly compare your solar system charging to the LC charging. I suspect you have a bad battery but if you bought the Super Start due to failure of the previous battery, you should probably have the charging system checked?

I don't think bulging is normal, even for a non-vented AGM batteries. There is more to charging than just voltage so you can't directly compare your solar system charging to the LC charging. I suspect you have a bad battery but if you bought the Super Start due to failure of the previous battery, you should probably have the charging system checked?

Yeah good call on getting it checked. I just picked up my LC 4 months ago, so I don't know the history of batteries. I just know the toyota one that came with it died, so I went with the O'Reilly one because my go to Sears Platinum are no longer made.

swap it out for another at oreillys. If it happens again, you know its the truck and not the battery

I had the same battery but labeled die hard gold agm. It only lasted about 34 months. The post were starting to separate.

That Super Start is a pretty good price, but of course price means nothing if the battery doesn't hold up. The Toyota TrueStart conventional is the bargain out there, with a 7 year warranty for (on sale right now at my dealer) $120. The X2Power AGM from Batteries Plus is on sale right now for a total of $50 off, making it $254.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I went to O'Reillys and got a new one. I'm gonna get my system checked next week. I'm about to order the Slee 2nd battery kit so I'm tempted to do a Toyota battery for my starter and move this new Super Start AGM to the 2nd battery because the amp hours are good for the $$. I wonder if it will fit in the Slee tray that is designed for a 75D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom