Ordered a lift kit today. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I finally went ahead and ordered a lift kit for the 40. :bounce: I wasn't sure if I was going HFS 4" or OME 2 1/2" with shackle reversal. I ended up going HFS as I wanted to run 35's with minimal trimming and I already had a CCOT gift certificate. I was told the springs were on back order so I should hopefully see it in the next three weeks or so.

good for you. i am still waiting for back ordered springs myself. i hope to have everything in by the spring meeting. that reminds me, time to go paint the suspension parts!

nice 35's will be nice. hav eyou made much progress on your 40? need to get you back down for a day soon on the lv. I am getting close to doing mechanical things again:)
jason

Yeah I hope that I won't get harrassed to much by the cops. My buddy may have a set of Pittbull Growlers for me but they are WIDE. Like 14.5" wide. I haven't gotten much done although the saginaw plate has been welded on. Now I am waiting to get the suspension to mock everthing up then its off to have the frame blasted and powder coated.

Jason I am busy this weekend but let me know when is good for you and we can set something up.

I ordered my OME kit from Ted Cruiser Solutions 3 weeks ago and he said that ARB was back ordered at least 3 weeks maybe more, All these Cruiser guys must be buyin up all the kits so fast they can't keep up production.

I ordered my OME kit from Ted Cruiser Solutions 3 weeks ago and he said that ARB was back ordered at least 3 weeks maybe more, All these Cruiser guys must be buyin up all the kits so fast they can't keep up production.

same with the aussie lockers:D

I don't think the police will hassle you much. I'm going to pick up a set of Q78's. They're about 36" and won't stick out past the fenders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my tracking numbers from CCOT and it should be there by the end of the week. I should be picking up the frame from Kina on Saturday and droping that off to the sandblaster. Looks like this project might actually get started.

sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you... do you have a target date?

sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you... do you have a target date?

April 28th, so he can wheel at the meeting!

I wish that I could have it for the meeting but thats not gonna happen. I'll just be happy if I get a rolling chassis together and maybe the motor in it by the end of the summer. I am hoping to have it done before the 2008 Fall Gathering. Who knows maybe sooner. Just trying to be realistic. However I will be wheeling the Tacoma at the spring meeting.

Well CCOT told me the springs were back ordered but neglected to tell me about the shackles. So now I am waiting for them. Matt Bier who make the Bob Firestien style motor mounts emailed me and those should be shipping soon too. Didn't get too far with the frame. I have a couple more things to strip off before it can get blasted. Going to do that this weekend and it supposed to get blasted at some point the following week.

Also has anyone in the club reversed their rear springs? I was thinking of reversing them to gain a little extra wheel base. Both sides of the HFS springs are military wrapped and I have to have drive shafts made up any way so it should be easy. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom