Order of Operations - Build Q (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I just picked up a stock (minus headlights) 2011 200 Series with 98k. The goal is to overland a bit, daily it in the winter, and tow my ‘75 FJ40.

I have an idea of what I want to do with it after reading through a ton of threads here. But I’m curious if there is a best order of operations so I don’t have to do any redundant work (like, reapply PPF)

It was garage stored before I bought it but I can see a bit of surface rust on the under carriage. The paint is chipping a bit and I pin striped the hell out of it taking it off-road for the first time in its life. Everything else is maintained/performing very well. I don’t need to keep it perfect, but I want to make sure it will last.

This is my rough game plan:

1. Get it detailed/polished & paint less dent removal. Touch up paint where necessary. (Winter)
2. PPF (Winter)
3. Remove the surface rust from the under carriage, protect it. (Spring). I figured I should wait until it’s dry out to start working on this. My driveway is all slush & my garage is tiny.
4. Fluid film or alternative underneath. (Spring)
5. Slightly bigger wheels + any modification required to reduce contact. (Spring)
5. Rock Sliders (Summer/Fall)
6. Front and rear bumper + winch (Summer/Fall)

DD176DE3-42CE-47E9-AD50-BC6D068D5AED.jpeg

49A482E6-7A1C-4F54-84B3-5CDDE4AD7CD7.jpeg

I’d get the sliders first, then do the tires, then the paint protector stuff.
Of course I’m not one to talk, mine is lucky to get washed a couple times a year, my ppf is pinstripes and. Dirt :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom