Optima (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 6 volt optima batt. That is dead ,and the charger won’t charge it.i read a thread that involved optima Jim ,and a marine who’s name I can’t remember. I need to find that thread and talk to them about how they brought back to life a dead optima battery. Thanks mike

What is the voltage of the battery? The parallel charging technique described in this video can work on 6-volt batteries as well, you just need another 6-volt battery to help the charger see good voltage. It won't recover every battery (some batteries can't be recovered), but it can recover deeply-discharged batteries that some chargers cannot see

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries

I have a 6 volt optima batt. That is dead ,and the charger won’t charge it.i read a thread that involved optima Jim ,and a marine who’s name I can’t remember. I need to find that thread and talk to them about how they brought back to life a dead optima battery. Thanks mike
I’m not sure how to navigate this forum ,I think it said I chose to ignore you .sorry. I don’t know how to read your reply to me.

What is the voltage of the battery? The parallel charging technique described in this video can work on 6-volt batteries as well, you just need another 6-volt battery to help the charger see good voltage. It won't recover every battery (some batteries can't be recovered), but it can recover deeply-discharged batteries that some chargers cannot see

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries

Figured out how to read your reply. Thanks for the info it helped a lot Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom