One ham & GMRS radio equipped 4x4 needed for Elfin Forest 5/10K run event @ o-dark-thirty Sunday morning 12/4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
Each year I organize about 5 hams with 4x4 vehicles to help with comms for the Elfin Forest Keepin' It Rural 5/10K race in the Elfin Forest Preserve. This is a unique opportunity to do a little wheeling in a an area where all vehicles are prohibited. I usually find enough folks from the Escondido ham radio club EARS. However, one of them just bailed out on me leaving us one guy/vehicle short. The basic requirement is that we have ham and GMRS/FRS comms capability since the race folks use FRS radios that can't cover the entire course so we relay messages as needed. It's an early event, meet up time at the base of the Olivenhain dam is 06:30 Sunday morning, we head up to our respective posts around 07:00 and the race is over and done with around 10:00. There is food, music and festivities at the base of the dam up to around noonish for anyone wanting to hang around. I'm usually home well before noon. More info about the race can be found here. Keepin' It Rural 5K/10K | December 4, 2022 - Elfin Forest, CA - https://letskeepitrural.com/
If anyone is interested let me know... again we're only in need of one additional vehicle at the moment.

Since it's typically a bit difficult to get hams from EARS to commit for this, if it's something B-n-T wants to support I can recruit from here instead of going thru EARS in the future... (actually it would be nice LCs up on the hill instead of the Jeeps... ;))

Bud

Reactions: KTP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom