old 80 with a new owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so a while back Tom decided i needed another good deal so he put me in contact with Chase to go look at his 80 . i didn't need it but my son will be driving soon so i said why not. it give me another reason to have another toyota in the lineup . So most of you have seen it before but we are trying to make this a little more daily driver friendly .

so far we haven't done much but we did switch up the 37s for a nice set of 33s i am going to remove the rear spacer to level it out a bit . We have a few electrical gremlins to look and the interior needs some attention and a few oil leaks to mend and then who knows .

i cant wait to drive it with the 33s i suspect it should be able to get out of its own way now .

KIMG0784.jpeg

KIMG0843.jpeg

so we started working on the 80 again . got a few things off the long list Swapped out a power steering box for a non leaking unit . Removed the rear coil spacer block now its sitting a 1.5 or so lower in the ass. installed a new stereo and thinned out the excessive wiring from 2 complete systems and what could have possibly been a alarm system or remote starter . i still have to find the massive oil leak from the motor its a mess i hope its not the rear seal . The 80 seems huge in the garage compared to the 40

well its officially on the road again kid passed his drivers test and away he goes. i have a question though i personally don't care for the all wheel drive it feels like it pulls harder on the front than the rear . i have been looking at the part time kits any suggestions ?

ok after running SLINKY for a week or so i was out of town and the boy said he lost the brakes and blew a brake line . i checked it out and it was blown out from the proportional valve to the rear end so i replaced all of those lines . Decided to move up to the front to rebuild the calipers since one was dragging from my test ride when we put it on the road i could not seem to get calipers thru any local parts stores . i also found that the front caliper piston was blown out and leaking because it was dragging eating the rotor to the fins . He claims he mentioned a brake smell to me when i was away but i must have never heard him . Apparently the driver side caliper must have been on there since 1991 .l snapped off both mounting bolts impact would not touch it apparently the pass was changed it had a new caliper and rotor . So i replaced both rotors and repacked the birfs . Anyway gas mileage should go up now on to the tune up.

poser pic from my test ride
fj80 slinky.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom