Oil Filter Relocation 2012 FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I really would like to get any input from anyone who has done this mod. Since 2010 FJ's have the oil filter located at the bottom of the engine. It is not even a spin-on, it harks back to many moons ago when vehicles commonly had cartridge type filters. For some reason Toyota (and Lexus models) went BACK to this filter type in 2010+.
The filter is cheap to buy and not too difficult to replace, mostly. However the location on the FJ means removing skid plates to access it. Thats a time consumer even though with synthetic oil it only has to be done every 8k-10k miles.
I want to find a relocation kit to get the oil lines into the engine bay and use a spin-on filter.
So far the only kits I see are built for spin-on location replacement, i.e. they have a center stud mount and side mount for oil in/ oil out. None of these work with cartridge type filter in/outs.
Anyone here found a product to relocate 2010+ filters? Would appreciate any info. Once this is done I can install skids and not need to remove for filter changes.
Thanks all.
Steve.

Oh wow, didn't realize toyota had done this on these models.
Part of the old location (right up high, easy to access and has a handy little drip catcher builtin) is what sold us on the truck in the first place!
Sorry, I haven't got anything useful to add, good luck with your search.

Thats the ticket! I have to research now if an extra 1 1/8 inch of extra length can be covered by a skid without major surgery to the skid.
Thanks Big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom